Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

what would be any different for an upcoming Stones Tour?
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 3, 2008 00:40

if the Stones do decide to tour again...what could be any different? they will have a new song or two that would be included. they risk a lot by touring, they don't need the money. just asking...

Re: what would be any different for an upcoming Stones Tour?
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: December 3, 2008 00:41

Nothing. oh wait, there would be more gray in Jagger's hair for his stylist to cover up. Other than that, nothing.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 3, 2008 00:58

Why should it be different?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 3, 2008 01:04

mick will have the mike in one hand and a cane in the other and will use to it to help move about the stage and also to strike keith when he starts to nod off and woody when he blows the solo. It will be dubbed the "Raising Cane Tour."

Date: December 3, 2008 01:09

Wuudy

to make it interesting?

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: December 3, 2008 01:10

The Prices..."don't you know the prime rates going up,up,up!

PECMAN

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 3, 2008 03:11

duke richardson
Wuudy

to make it interesting?

Of course, but i meant how different can it possibly be everytime. I mean you can only do something really different a couple of times. They have a different stage and play some different songs but that's about all any rock band can change i think.
If they are going to do a full scale world tour it won't/can't be any different. They can only scale it down a lot to make it different/intersting again and even that they already did to some extent with the Licks tour so it won't be that different...

Cheers,
Wuudy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-03 03:11 by Wuudy.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 3, 2008 03:14

New girl friend...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 3, 2008 04:20

Wishful thinking......lower ticket prices
Reality...............a new pair of shoes for Mick

Date: December 3, 2008 04:46

after the hugeness of Licks and Bigger Bang, and Bridges for that matter, a scaled down presentation, maybe, like in '78? ah its wishful thinking, I know...I'd just like to hear more pure Stones jamming. especially more harp from Jagger. Maybe a few songs Keith plays piano on. Good straightahead rock and roll, I mean I love the soul covers (Everybody Needs Somebody, etc)
They have so much style, its almost too much sometimes.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 3, 2008 04:50

longer shows
less warhorses
lower prices
no stupid models in the front row that know NOTHING about the stones what so ever, none of which will happen so i guess it wont be different after all

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 3, 2008 17:24

what would be any different for an upcoming Stones Tour ?

Probably nothing much WILL be, although it would be nice to think that it WOULD be. They COULD try 2 hrs worth of songs that haven't had much of an airing over the years, that would be a start.

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: December 3, 2008 17:31

A few smaller gigs like on the LICKS tour would be good. Cirkus krone and Vredenberg revisited PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Nicholls

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: December 3, 2008 17:59

There are plenty of different things they can do especially with that massive catelog of songs (only 40 percent of their material has been done live). Even if they do shorter shows it would be nice to see it scaled down more and maybe something like an arena tour with a stage right in the middle like the b-stage and do the whole show from there... And more acoustic and blues!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 3, 2008 18:02

a bigger range of crap merchandise

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: December 3, 2008 18:22

The credit crunch tour. Instead of a £50 t-shirt you get to buy a £40 badge. (No I don't expect they were £50 but I didn't buy a tour t-shirt I made my own and can't remember the real price)

Downloadable programme for £9.99 instead of £10 for a glossy printed one in your hand

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: December 3, 2008 19:35

Smaller venues, lower prices, diverse setlists ....

Yeah, right.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 3, 2008 19:45

As long as they play "We Love" it would be a lot different and if they don't have anybody who would ringing the keys I'm will be the volunteer

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: December 3, 2008 19:54

melillo
longer shows
less warhorses
lower prices
no stupid models in the front row that know NOTHING about the stones what so ever, none of which will happen so i guess it wont be different after all

Agreed on everything but the models. Pretty girls and rock'n'roll is a great combo.
Simple as that.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: December 3, 2008 20:07

Well - I could suggest "something" that would change things up for a Stones
Live show - MLC

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: December 3, 2008 20:09

Hopefully Keith will start playing the guitar again.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 3, 2008 23:26

The Stones

Agreed on everything but the models. Pretty girls and rock'n'roll is a great combo.
Simple as that.

yeah as long as we are in the front row with them!!!!!!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 4, 2008 00:57

Right on, Melillo! Exactly! For the kind of money they charge, I want to hear real deep cuts, a 3 hour show, even if they take a 20 minute break, and no stadiums! Strip down the stage, a simpler design, sell front section seats ONLY TO DIE HARD FANS for a fair price,& do meet and greets where it's easy to get a pass into. Take requests! I'd like to hear 2000 Light Years From Home again and She's A Rainbow and a well-rehearsed Sway! Oh, so many wishes that will never come true.

Posted by: clarkemf ()
Date: December 4, 2008 03:57

You guy's are all missing the point... it's all about that sweet, sweet... TONE! They've found it in many different places in the past, and in my book you kinda never know when it's gonna be just right, but it happens, and for a great band like them, it happens a lot. A band defines themselves by playing solid rock shows, and the only way for them to keep defining themselves is to umm.... keep defining themselves(playing some @#$%&' live music)

Look... you can blabber on about how it's always great, or what can you possibly change? How's it gonna be different? How many times can you change one thing? But gimme some shelter guy's, you can say that about ANYTHING. This is rock n' roll, and it happens to be cooler and more changeable than any other career or even performance. Compare it to a sport? How many times can you change a baseball game? Some say a lot, some say a little... but seeing how many baseball games get played, it seems like the majority of people would agree that its a new experience every time.

Now, lets look at where the Stones are in their careers. They're 40+ years deep as a great band, they've spanned several generations and era's, and have just come off a monumental tour that reverberated their career experiences in a rocked out, supersized, and successful manner. That said, there are a plethora of changes that could be made. Sound is one of them. I've gotta think losing some of the backing sound could help. They lost a lot of their rawness as their stage turned into a busload of people(how many? 12? I dont dare count anymore)... I think the big hitters, Keith, Mick, Ron, Charlie, Darryl, and Bernard could put on a heck of a raunchy rock n' roll show. And you cant tell me that it wouldnt be different than ABB. Also, I think they could use a tighter stage design. Size is wonderful, but from some of the latter bigger bang concerts I was at they had seemed to be overcome by the sheer size of the stage, and I can't help but think that it wouldn't help to get closer together, as shredding a guitar solo at any age must get more difficult when your 100 yards away from your drummer or bassist. Stage design wise I think they could take a page out of their contemporaries Aerosmith style. Love him or hate him, Steven Tyler says that he likes to be out "where the babies are being made", and if you see them live, it sure as @#$%& shows. I think theres plenty of gas left in the Stone's tour bandwagon to put the pedal-to-the metal one (or more) times, and they've also got a future acoustic tour possibility which could be discussed at a later time. THoughts?

Date: December 4, 2008 21:17

clarkemf, thoughtful post. spoken like a musician. like your observations about reducing the 'busload', and the size of the stage.
I think any new tour will be a departure from the last one, to cut costs...and will probably have more guests. oh well...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 4, 2008 21:29

I'm afriad (if there's even a tour) that the effects of the past 40+ of music and 60+ years of life are gonna start showing up more and more.

On the positive tip, a nice mix of fewer warhorses, more obscure stuff, and cheaper prices all sound great - but somewhat urealistic.

Maybe a shorter, more varied setlist - maybe a blues mini-set or acoustic on stools (MJ, KR, and maybe RW). Invite an audience member to particpate - sit-in and play, suggest a song, etc.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: December 4, 2008 21:52

melillo
longer shows
less warhorses
lower prices

Add some harp and old blues tunes and I would have nothing left to wish for.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 5, 2008 02:08

It wouldn't take much to switch things enough to make it interesting.
But... let's face it, they're old men now. I feel their days of tearin' up stadiums with high-octane rock-power are through.

That doesn't mean that it needs to be over.
Blues, ballads, soul, roots, country - they could still serve up some great music.
I kind of feel sad though, as I really don't think they would switch it up.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 5, 2008 15:48

Ending the tour with a Bang not a puff like last tour.

Free concert in Rome in front of 350.000 people!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home