Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Warning! New Cheap Trick DVD
Date: November 15, 2008 03:57

It appears the new Cheap Trick Live at Budokan has some quality control issues. They have slipped the dvd in a hard cardboard sleeve and in the process caused a scratch on the dvd making it unplayable. Sony/Legacy have yet to address the problem. Many negative posts on Amazon.com. I've been waiting for years for a clean copy of this show. Now it appears I'll have to wait longer.

Scotty

Re: OT - Warning! New Cheap Trick DVD
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 15, 2008 04:25

I thought this was going to be a CT-trashing thread! grinning smiley

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: November 15, 2008 07:17

Then apparently I should wait until they fix this issue before buying it.
Thanks for the heads-up, I was gonna get this tomorrow.

Date: November 15, 2008 07:41

As fun as that album is/was...did you know it wasn't a true LIVE recording? Mostly overdubs...but still a great record.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 15, 2008 21:57

I got it today. As stated all the CD's have scuffs and a line caused from the packaging. Fortunately the DVD played OK. After pulling the discs from the package I put the whole thing back together and it's still a tight fit. Hope the Stones never do a box like this, it would be tragic for sure.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 16, 2008 01:30

Thanks for the heads-up. I love CT, but I'll wait until this is fixed.

Date: November 16, 2008 01:58

frankotero
I got it today. As stated all the CD's have scuffs and a line caused from the packaging. Fortunately the DVD played OK. After pulling the discs from the package I put the whole thing back together and it's still a tight fit. Hope the Stones never do a box like this, it would be tragic for sure.

Glad yours worked. It appears to be hit and miss. How's the concert dvd? No,wait. Don't tell me. I've got a video several generations down and I've been waitin' for years for this. Oh, go ahead, tell me how great it is. Argh!!! I can't take it!!!!

Scotty

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 16, 2008 11:42

The video is clean (as it should be). However for my taste they focus too much on Robin and not enough Rick. Great to see Bun E. with the huge drum sticks again. Also I really like the 2 songs performed this year (in the bonus). Haven't played the CD's yet but they physically look OK. Hope you find a good copy soon.

Date: November 16, 2008 15:38

I was planning on getting this too. Could someone please try to remember to give a head's up when the issue is resolved...thank you.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 18, 2008 15:49

way back like 10 years ago sony/cbs released the complete live cheap trick concert from budokan it was a two cd set.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1294
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home