Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-Robert Palmer
Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: November 11, 2008 05:09

Does anyone know of any good bootlegs of him and where I can get them. Thanks!

Re: OT-Robert Palmer
Date: November 12, 2008 02:32

The only one I have, a cd, is "Live At The Ritz, New York City". A soundboard, probably a radio broadcast. No year listed.

1) Johnny and Mary 2) Every Kind of People 3) Woke Up Laughing 4) Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley 5) Pride 6) It's Not Difficult 7) Some Guys Have All The Luck 8) Best of Both Worlds 9) Sulky Girl 10) Looking For Clues 11) You Are In My System 12) Bad Case of Loving You.

There's a old vinyl one called "Armchair Explorer" on Allied Productions. No year given. I'd check eBay. It pops up occasionally. It's listed in Hot Wacks as vg sound though. He's one of those guys I never got to see live and I am now kicking myself. I always thought that him and Bryan Ferry should have toured together and called it "The Best Dressed Gentlemens Tour".

Scotty

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: November 12, 2008 14:09

I caught him live back in the mid-seventies when he had most of Little Feat as his backing band and he was not quite the "bon vivant" that he became. Put on a funky, hard driving show. I think he was very underrated with his musicianship eclipsed by the video thing.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 12, 2008 16:36

Love his first 3 albums and also Pride. Yeah, Little Feat backing him was some smart move.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 12, 2008 18:25

Didn't he turn into a kind of Bryan Ferry wanna be?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home