Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: This is why Keef is called the Riffmaster
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 4, 2010 18:04

This clip shows precisely why Richards needed Jagger, and vice versa when you listen to Jagger's 'Blue'. The former bores after about 1,5 minutes, the latter is a whining, overpolished and pointless song. But together they wrote great songs, though they always needed a third man. The better the third man, the better the quality of the songs and of their performances.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 4, 2010 18:20

.....I think this is one of his most under rated riffs....and shows clearly the dynamic of the glimmers...better together than apart...

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: April 4, 2010 19:26

I did not think so, so I checked. According to the TIOOS site, Woody does not play on this one. An inaccurate cartoon. GADS!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 4, 2010 19:52

......look beyond the cartoon....and listen

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: April 4, 2010 20:30

kleermaker
This clip shows precisely why Richards needed Jagger, and vice versa when you listen to Jagger's 'Blue'. The former bores after about 1,5 minutes, the latter is a whining, overpolished and pointless song. But together they wrote great songs, though they always needed a third man. The better the third man, the better the quality of the songs and of their performances.

Geez, tough crowd here tonight. I happen to LOVE both "Will But You Won't" and "Blue"!!

Drew

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 5, 2010 00:25

theimposter
Take 'Wicked As It Seems' - basically the parent or cousin to 'Love Is Strong'. And while LIS may be a more concise track, wrapped in a tidier package, there is so much more going on in 'Wicked'! It's like all of these different ideas from Keith and his band are scrambling to get in the spotlight of the song. But I never said Keith was a great songwriter in, say, the McCartney or Buddy Holly or Paul Simon sense. quote]
Thank godness Keith was not a Macca, Simon or Collins song writer, then I never would have been a Stones listener.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1407
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home