Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Dolemite is Dead RIP
Posted by: CBII ()
Date: October 20, 2008 22:42

Yes, it's true. News reports state Rudy Ray Moore party record king passed away today or last night. The reports are saying his death was a result of complications attributed to his long bout with Diabetes.

He joins, Red Foxx, Lawanda Page, Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Sam Kinneson, Moms Mabley, Pigmeat Markham, Milton Berle and a host of other top flight comedians that kept us laughing for hours on end.

Rest in peace Petey Wheatstraw, Pimpin Sam, Shine and all the other great characters he brought to life on stage.

CBII

Re: OT: Dolemite is Dead RIP
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 20, 2008 23:14

Ditto to everything ya said, CBII. You and I were just discussing him the other day.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 21, 2008 02:40

Pigmeat Markham's dead?

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: October 21, 2008 03:05

A new pimp in heaven

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 21, 2008 04:33

Saw him perform at a club many years ago.

When a heckler made too much noise, he said:

"Hey man, I don't bother you when you do your job...

What are you, a truck driver??

Why don't you back up here and take this load??"

[www.shockingimages.com]

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: October 21, 2008 16:00

There's one thing in the epitaph on shocking images that's totally wrong in my opinion. Although he did not do his stand up routine in front of a football stadium like the Rolling Stones, he was far from an obscure entity that had faded into oblivion. There's so much coverage on the radio right now and people calling in saddened by his passing it's something else.

I've saw him every time he came to St. Louis and nearly every time he appeared in Chicago, Kansas City and Memphis. The places I saw him had people 21 and up in the clubs he performed. This goes back to 1980 when I managed to sneak into a club underage and watch my hero.

We can only hope Xenon Entertainment and Rudy's family will manage to release Dolemite Explosion. The trailer proves the movie will be just as ridiculous, horribly acted, directed and produced as the rest, which means it will be just as funny if not funnier!

"Where's Cavoletti keeping my girls... Beeoch!"
Long live Dolemite!

CBII

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1359
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home