Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Mick Fleetwood Blues Band
Posted by: MrBird65 ()
Date: October 15, 2008 09:05

Saw the guys yesterday in Bonn/Germany. What a steaming performance! If they play in your area go and see them! They are performing old Fleetwood Mac songs, blues, rock and some songs of Rick Vito. And they really rock and have a lot of fun.

Re: OT: Mick Fleetwood Blues Band
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 15, 2008 09:19

Sounds great. Do you have a set list?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: October 15, 2008 10:16

I was in Erfurt last Saturday.

A really great and steaming performance, I agree with MrBird65. They mostly played old Peter Green and Rick Vito stuff, like "Oh Well" (never heard before such a strong performance), "Albatros", "Rattlesnake shake", "Fleetwood Boogie", "Shake your moneymaker", Hole in my shoe" ...

They also gave a few acoustic titles at front of stage with a small drum set (see picture)
All in all a really great performance - they really hat "The Blues" in the focus and I felt the fun they had on stage.

After the show all 4 gave autographs and we chatted a little bit.

Andreas

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: October 15, 2008 12:40

Have Fleetwood mac broken up?

Date: October 15, 2008 12:53

pgarof
Have Fleetwood mac broken up?

No FM has not broken up ... I asked Mick while he was signing some stuff for me. There will be in Begin of 2009 a Fleetwood Mac World Tour (starting in February 2009 with a US-Tour) and he wants to fill the gaps within that tour eventually with the MF Blues Band, but this is not clear.
The FM tour will be with Lindsey Buckingham, John McVie and Stevie Nicks only (so 4 Band members), but there will definitely no new album (probably 2-3 new songs for the radio ... what ever that means ...)

Andreas

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: October 15, 2008 12:54

I would have preferred to see Peter Green, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood go out on the road. That would be really cool.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Date: October 15, 2008 13:36

Rick Vito is really great, and he an Mick seem to be brothers in mind. Mick told the audience that he always loved and played the blues but didn't play Fleetwood Mac tunes a long time. But for him Rick made it possible to combine playing the blues AND old Fleetwood Mac songs.
The bass player Lenny Castellanos is also great and Mark Johnstone on the keys and harmonica too.

They also played "Black Magic Woman" and as encore "Homework". I didn't know all the songs, cause I don't own any Fleetwood Mac or Rick Vito records.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 15, 2008 14:13

From a nostalgic point of view it would be nice to see Peter Green on stage with his old cohorts again, but then his playing isn't what it was (sadly).Its enough that he is still around and not in an institution.
By the way, Jeremy Spencer has done the occasional gig this year - in the US and also a festival in Poland, I believe - wih very good reviews. Still blues based.
Danny Kirwan? ....Oh Well.....

Date: October 15, 2008 14:32

jlowe
From a nostalgic point of view it would be nice to see Peter Green on stage with his old cohorts again, but then his playing isn't what it was (sadly)........Oh Well.....

I agree regarding that it would be great to see Peter Green on stage too, but Mick F. stated, that Peter lives in his own world, is fishing and only seldom playing guitar... and ... he is still sick (some kind of schizophrenia)

Andreas

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 15, 2008 15:27

His album - I forget the title at the moment - with the truck carrying the giant pear in its bed is really superb - I was quite surprised by how good it is.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 15, 2008 18:55

I'm going to see him in Krefeld on saturday.

Rockpalast is recording/filming this gig and will screen it on 16-17. 11. 08

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: October 15, 2008 19:38

Rick Vito actually played guitar in FM in the early 90's at a point in time when Buckingham was not willing to tour with FM.

Would love to catch the MFBB sometime.

Posted by: black limousine ()
Date: October 15, 2008 21:52

GREAT PICTURE !
THANKS, WHERE ARE THE OTHER PHOTOS ?
CHEERS FROM ITALY

Date: October 15, 2008 23:07

black limousine
GREAT PICTURE !
THANKS, WHERE ARE THE OTHER PHOTOS ?
CHEERS FROM ITALY

... here :-)
Andreas

Date: October 17, 2008 09:55

Pictures from Bonn:

[www.harmonie-bonn.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-17 09:56 by MrBird65.

Date: October 17, 2008 12:00

MrBird65
Pictures from Bonn:

[www.harmonie-bonn.de]

MrBird65 .... Great photos from you ... I also got some stuff signed. but I missed the setlist (lucky guy).
How about the concert itself, great music, or (tell us your experience :-)

Andreas

Date: October 17, 2008 15:01

Thanx arc-angel! But I have not taken the photos. It's just the page of the venue where they post some photos of almost every gig. I also didn't get anything signed because I don't care too much about autographs.

The music was great, I think (and hope for you) in Erfurt too. And the atmosphere was really nice. I think you do agree that everybody on stage had really fun and I believe it's true what Mick said: "That's the reason we go on and on and on... playing for an audience like you!" I saw Mick smile happily when he saw people dancing in the audience.

I think CousinC will have a lot of fun in Krefeld tomorrow night! I can't wait to see the Rockpalast on TV!

Lutz

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-17 15:37 by MrBird65.

Date: October 17, 2008 15:19

MrBird65
Thanx arc-angel! But I have not taken the photos. It's just the page of the venue where they post some photos of almost every gig. I also didn't get anything signed because I don't care too much about autographs.

The music was great, I think (and hope for you) in Erfurt too. And the atmosphere was really nice. I think you do agree that everybody on stage had really fun and I believe it's true what Mick said: "That's the reason we go on and on and on... playing for an audience like you!" I saw Mick smile happily when he saw people dancing in the audience.

I thinc CousinC will have a lot of fun in Krefeld tomorrow night! I can't wait to see the Rockpalast on TV!

MrBird65 ... great to hear that, yes also in Erfurt everybody felt the fun they had and the music was great, not that pop thing but really the Blues ... and last but not least the audience was hot ... phantastic atmosphere ...

so also to CousinC: have fun tomorrow in Krefeld !

Andreas

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 17, 2008 15:34

His first album isn't available on CD anywhere is it?

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 17, 2008 21:21

Thanx,guys!!

Primarily (being a drummer) I'll go to watch Mick play his drums plus I like many of those old F. Mac songs.
As they record it, they won't hopefully do a bad show!
See you!

Date: October 17, 2008 21:37

CousinC
Thanx,guys!!

Primarily (being a drummer) I'll go to watch Mick play his drums plus I like many of those old F. Mac songs.
As they record it, they won't hopefully do a bad show!
See you!

... it will be a great show - believe me (at least when they play "Oh Well" ...)
Enjoy it !

Andreas

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: October 19, 2008 20:19

Just finished listning to Mick Fleetwood being interviewed on the Johny Walker Show on Radio 2, they played some tracks of the new album and talked about the fleetwood Mac tour next year.

Fleetwood Blues band are touring Britain now, all the tracks they played sound great, this Rick guy played all the Peter Green stuff really well, it's well worth going to see them.

Fleetwood Mac will be doing a world tour starting next year for 18 months but without Christine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1480
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home