Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Past and Present boot: collector's item
Posted by: Nellcote ()
Date: October 10, 2008 12:36

Hi,

Could someone please give me some more information about the 12-cd boxset "Past&Present". It is a 12-cd set with live recordings and interviews with the Stones and other very close people to them.

What is the original lebel (VGP, Pignose, Rattlesnake, Midnight Beat?)Is it worth it to buy the original boxset (now i have the boxset only in cd-r quality). I have the possibility to buy the original set (for about 200 euros). Do you know what it is worth in money? Is it a collectors-item?

Hope to hear from you.

Thank you!

Re: Past and Present boot: collector's item
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 10, 2008 17:19

I didnt know it was ever released as a boot by any particular label. This was a legitimate produced for radio program in the early 80s(?) and sent to the radio stations on LP. I do know that its very common and cheap at record shows(I have a set myself on plain white cdrs in three clamshell cases with a repro of the album box set cover on the front and info on back). Thats why theres only two tracks per cd as each track is a side of an LP. I could be wrong about a boot label selling it but I've just never seen it that way. I would suggest that you have as good a version as there is unless you pick up an original Vinyl set that was sent to the stations!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home