Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT:anyone going to see the band YES?
Date: October 6, 2008 13:15

i just got my tickets. no jon anderson or rick wakeman but still. somethings better than nothing

Re: OT:anyone going to see the band YES?
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 6, 2008 13:24

NO !

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 6, 2008 13:33

no

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: October 6, 2008 13:36

No

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 6, 2008 13:44

If they happen to come to my town of course I will. I'm curious how it will work out without JA.

BTW, seems that Yes has the power to annoy many people here.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 6, 2008 13:47

YES? No

Date: October 6, 2008 13:49

it does seem a few people were annoyed with YES. maybe because they are touring without anderson? i'm seeing them because they are playing 10 minutes from my house and tickets are cheaper than normal for YES. this singer is not replacing anderson BTW, they have made it clear that he is helping them out until anderson is healthy enough again to tour.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: October 6, 2008 14:05

i would if they will play with Jon Anderson. But the rumours said that for US tour there will be a new singer. I've seen them 3 times and it's cool everytime. I love Steve Howe and Chris Squire way of playing guitar. I hope for european tour Jon will join the band.

Gates Of Delirium rulezz !!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 6, 2008 14:38

No.

Date: October 6, 2008 15:06

thrak
i would if they will play with Jon Anderson. But the rumours said that for US tour there will be a new singer. I've seen them 3 times and it's cool everytime. I love Steve Howe and Chris Squire way of playing guitar. I hope for european tour Jon will join the band.

Gates Of Delirium rulezz !!!!!

read my above post its not a "new" singer but a friend of the band filling in until jon can tour again. chris and steve said the promised live music in 2008 and this is the only way to keep that promise to the fans.

what album is "gates of delirium" on? i only own that 35th anniversary 3 disc hits collection. if you look at the tracklisting for that 3 cd set, what are some songs/albums that i still need to check out?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 6, 2008 15:23

>> what album is "gates of delirium" on? <<

Relayer.
if you could provide a link to which 3-cd set you're talking about, that would help.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 6, 2008 15:30

In a "Roundabout" way, NO!

Signed,

Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Posted by: stein ()
Date: October 6, 2008 16:31

No, never.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 6, 2008 16:47

Posted by: nashville ()
Date: October 6, 2008 17:22

I count myself as a bit of a prog fan but Yes have always left me totally cold (apart from "Yours Is No Disgrace). Anderson's voice alienates me. Now if we were talking Van Der Graaf generator then I would be first in the queue.

Andy

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 6, 2008 17:34

I saw them in Seattle in 1976. Very good concert, if you like Yes.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 6, 2008 21:13

Elmo Lewis
In a "Roundabout" way, NO!

Signed,

Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Ahhh Elmo. Your a real (starship) Trooper.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: October 7, 2008 00:45

with sssoul
>> what album is "gates of delirium" on? <<

Relayer.
if you could provide a link to which 3-cd set you're talking about, that would help.

heres the link: [en.wikipedia.org]

it has nothing from relayer or tales from topograhphic oceans and only 2 songs from going for the one and nothing from the very first album. also nothing from the anderson bruford wakeman howe album

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-07 00:46 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 7, 2008 02:04

Great musicians and great live shows but without Jon Anderson, no way.

Re: Yes
Date: October 7, 2008 11:33

>> heres the link: [en.wikipedia.org] <<

it doesn't seem to have Close to the Edge either, unless that's my undercaffeination at work -
that's an obvious major one you "need" to hear. Relayer is the last Yes album i owned - i just lost interest after that -
and for me a three-disk set consisting of The Yes Album, Fragile and Close to the Edge would about cover it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-07 11:34 by with sssoul.

Date: October 7, 2008 13:50

with sssoul
>> heres the link: [en.wikipedia.org] <<

it doesn't seem to have Close to the Edge either, unless that's my undercaffeination at work -
that's an obvious major one you "need" to hear. Relayer is the last Yes album i owned - i just lost interest after that -
and for me a three-disk set consisting of The Yes Album, Fragile and Close to the Edge would about cover it.

so no need to get relayer or songs from topographic oceans or going for one? guess you didn't hear the anderson bruford wakeman howe album

Date: October 7, 2008 13:59

>> so no need to get relayer or songs from topographic oceans or going for one? <<

my losing interest in the band at a certain point isn't meant as a standard for anyone else -
i was just explaining what my perspective is. Relayer wasn't a bad record -
all these years later i do have a vivid aural memory of parts of Gates of Delirium,
so it clearly made an impression. but i'd definitely get Close to the Edge before investing in Relayer -
even though you already have pieces of the album on your compilation, missing the title track is a major omission.

Date: October 7, 2008 14:03

with sssoul
>> so no need to get relayer or songs from topographic oceans or going for one? <<

my losing interest in the band at a certain point isn't meant as a standard for anyone else -
i was just explaining what my perspective is. Relayer wasn't a bad record -
all these years later i do have a vivid aural memory of parts of Gates of Delirium,
so it clearly made an impression. but i'd definitely get Close to the Edge before investing in Relayer -
even though you already have pieces of the album on your compilation, missing the title track is a major omission.

thanks, so fragile or the yes album or close to the edge or my next purchase

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 7, 2008 16:18

[/quote]
what album is "gates of delirium" on? i only own that 35th anniversary 3 disc hits collection. if you look at the tracklisting for that 3 cd set, what are some songs/albums that i still need to check out?[/quote]

I have this compilation that has it: [www.rhino.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-07 16:20 by kovach.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: October 7, 2008 17:26

Not without Anderson.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: October 7, 2008 17:55

I saw them tour without Anderson in 1980, when Trevor Horn replaced him for an album and tour, and Geoff Downes was on keyboards. Their claim to fame (or infamy) was the group the Buggles and their 'hit' Video Killed the Radio Star.

It was not a good show.

Geoff Downes went onto what could have been a good band, but wasn't: Asia.

Trevor Horn went back into obscurity.

Jon Anderson came back to Yes.

Yes without Anderson just does not work.

(OK, 90% of this thread probably hates Yes, but they did produce some interesting stuff with great musicianship.....even if it lacked energy and some soul)

Date: October 7, 2008 23:52

kovach
what album is "gates of delirium" on? i only own that 35th anniversary 3 disc hits collection. if you look at the tracklisting for that 3 cd set, what are some songs/albums that i still need to check out?[/quote]

I have this compilation that has it: [www.rhino.com][/quote]

but that ones missing "and you and i"

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: October 9, 2008 13:19

Jon Anderson is being replaced by a guy from a Yes tribute band, and Rick Wakeman is being replaced by his son. What is this, Menudo?

Date: October 9, 2008 13:42

baxlap
Jon Anderson is being replaced by a guy from a Yes tribute band, and Rick Wakeman is being replaced by his son. What is this, Menudo?

rick wakeman stepped down due to doctors oreders a picked his son to replace him. no one is replacing anderson. this guy is filling in until anderson is healthy again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home