Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: happy birthday to the world
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 29, 2008 19:37

shana tova to everybody celebrating rosh hashana - remember that it is good
to thank & praise, exalt & glorify, acclaim & extol, bless & adore ... and let it rock!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-30 19:11 by bv.

Re: happy birthday to the world
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: September 29, 2008 20:04

I heard the world this morning saying happy birthday but I didn't know to whom until now. Thanks sssoul sweetie.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 29, 2008 20:32

I knew there were something special about today, I just couldn't point out what it was - thanks with Sssoul

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 29, 2008 20:37

Happy birthday!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: September 29, 2008 23:28

Yeah!!! Happy Birthday and love and praises to everyone out there and put on a Stones record and play it loud.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 29, 2008 23:35

I was born on this date....and I thank my Mother very much, Love ya momsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-29 23:37 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 30, 2008 03:01

Erik_Snow
I knew there were something special about today, I just couldn't point out what it was - thanks with Sssoul

Yeah the stock market crashed and the world is going to hell. Very special day.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: September 30, 2008 03:14

sweetcharmedlife
Erik_Snow

Yeah the stock market crashed and the world is going to hell. Very special day.

Ah, but you wouldn't think about that if it was the "standard new years eve", Charmedlife ?

The Jewish new years eve is...at least...just as important as the consume-oriented western tradition. Quite frankly, I never seem to remember what's going on, on Dec 31st, at 24:00 anyway....apart from consuming and trying to sleaze my way onto good looking women. So happy birthday to the people who actually knows what they are celebrating.

Date: September 30, 2008 03:22

No offense Erik. Just some tough times here in the U.S. and I lost my job last week. So I'm a little extra bitter these days.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 30, 2008 03:29

shana tova

Date: September 30, 2008 03:32

sweetcharmedlife
No offense Erik. Just some tough times here in the U.S. and I lost my job last week. So I'm a little extra bitter these days.

Oh - sorry to hear that, mate - good luck finding a new one. Hope it'll be for the better

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 30, 2008 04:26

Sorry 'bout that SCL, you are welcome to come over for some matzah ball soup and chicken.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: September 30, 2008 04:35

Hey Happy Birthday World! If that's what it means to other cultures. I'm not going to down grade something like this. I have many friends celebrating this holiday. Thank you sssoul for mentioning it,and peace and love to all,especially to my friend Waddy Wachtel, who i know is celebrating,this wonderful holiday,even though he know's i'm balls to the wall IRISH! One Love People!

Date: September 30, 2008 06:17

BluzDude
Sorry 'bout that SCL, you are welcome to come over for some matzah ball soup and chicken.

Thanks Bluz. After my adventures at Oak Tree on Sat. I might take ya up on that.moody smiley

Oh - sorry to hear that, mate - good luck finding a new one. Hope it'll be for the better

Thanks Erik. I'm not as bad off as others. But still a bit discouranging.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-30 06:27 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 30, 2008 12:37

GEeez sweethcharmed, that sucks. Sorry about that and good luck ... Its getting tough out there. Im back in school which is good... sometimes I wonder about the job Ive got now.. Its retial based, the last quarter was the worst we ever had, this one is actually pretty good so far... but who knows what the rest of the year will be like.

well, best wishes to all on this Holiday.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-30 12:50 by ryanpow.

Posted by: bass ()
Date: September 30, 2008 14:28

Lovely with sssoul, the same to you and thank you for bringing durable perspective to this place, and let us make mention of the special relationship, our dependence upon a creator/sustainer, and the creator's need for us to bring goodness into the world.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 30, 2008 15:57

Sorry to hear your news, sweetcharmedlife. Best wishes for your future career.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: September 30, 2008 16:17

Isn't that the compulsory way to spend New Years' Eve Erik?

Quite frankly, I never seem to remember what's going on, on Dec 31st, at 24:00 anyway....apart from consuming and trying to sleaze my way onto good looking women. So happy birthday to the people who actually knows what they are celebrating.[/quote]

Good luck finding a new career SCL

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: September 30, 2008 17:10

smile: A big thank you to with sssoul for starting this thread and a huge shana tova
and rosh hashana to each and everyone.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 30, 2008 18:21

... today is a major Jewish holiday, and iorrians who celebrate it deserve a well-wishing thread
just like iorrians who observe other major holidays. it's cool that people respect that
even if it's not a holiday they celebrate themselves.

for people who don't know, the name of the holiday is rosh ha shana - other spelling variations
are fine too, for example rosh hashanah. (most people normally capitalize it in English;
there's no distinction between small and capital letters in Hebrew, though.)

rosh ha shana marks the start of a new Jewish year, and there's a tradition that regards it
as the birthday of the world. i find that tradition charming, which is why i chose that title for this thread.

the customary greeting for this holiday is "shana tova", which means "[have] a good year".
other useful facts: Jewish days run from sunset to sunset, so the holiday began at sunset last night.
in many parts of the world, many Jews celebrate rosh ha shana for two days.
the Jewish calendar is a solar/lunar one, which means that the western-calendar dates of Jewish holidays
vary some from year to year - september 29th/30th just happens to be the date this year.

and to the poster called "The Stones": your mimicking me is beginning to feel like harrassment.
you've got your own mind, so don't pick mine no more, all right? thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-30 18:33 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: September 30, 2008 18:29

shana tova, with sssoulsmileys with beer

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1630
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home