Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Phillie 9/25/81
Posted by: Chas44 ()
Date: September 25, 2008 19:38

My second Stones show. Front row center. Anybody else go to this show?

Re: Phillie 9/25/81
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: September 25, 2008 21:07

I DID.....bUT I WAS A WAYS BACK.... Great concert....Much better than the short 1978 philly show.. In fact they had a book out on that tour after the tour ended and they have a wide view of the fans...You can see the back of my head in the picture....ha..
me and 80,000 other stones fans....ha. i was center about half way from the stage on the floor... ok views...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 25, 2008 21:13

i was there right in front of keith .great show in daylight .what do you remember about if there was a saxophone.having a bit of a disagrement with someone who was not there and has the boots and he says there was no sax i said bobby keys played on one song-brown sugar ,and ernie watts handled the rest (miss you and assorted other songs)?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 25, 2008 21:29

© schillid

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: September 25, 2008 21:30

Does anyone remember the article in, I think it was Time or maybe People, that had a review of this show. The reviewer described the singing as "barnyard vocals". I saw the 2nd S.F. show a few weeks later-my first Stones concert, and was completely mesmerized, they rocked so hard! 50K plus people jumping up and down and dancing like crazy. I thought Candlestick was gonna crumble. Ahh to be 21 again!

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: September 25, 2008 22:42

i was at the Buffalo show on that tour....my first show....windy like you wouldn't believe...loved that tour

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 25, 2008 23:55

Seattle 14/10/81 - yawn yawn yawn. Just didn't do much for me. Heigh ho.

Posted by: tops06 ()
Date: September 25, 2008 23:58

Wow can't believe it's been 27 yrs!!! My very first Stones show. Was dead center about 20 yards from the stage. Loved every minute of it. Cut school that day - only day I missed that High School year.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 26, 2008 00:04

schillid

© schillid

thanks, schillid....

the greek: do you see any sax player in this here picture??? I didn't theeeenk sooooo.....

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: September 26, 2008 03:49

That was my first show as well.

Dad took us (4) kids out of school (Jr. High) & we drove down from CT. It really was a gorgous day. Interesting to hear the show now. Can't really comment on the horns .but will say Hampton '81 is one of my all time favorite show of any band. I thought Ernie Watts was phenominal on Beast Of Burden, Just my Imagination, YCAGWYW. I have heard the complaints that he overdid it ...But I thought he added to sound of the band w/out steppin on any toes.

Would love to see the band ditch some of the backup players & get bakc to the playing & singing themselves. Dont get me wrong, enjoy the backup as I believe they have allowed the band to explore songs they might not have done otherwise CYHMK comes to mind, but seems like it could be time for a change.

How about 10 nights at the Beacon a la the AB Band?

Sorry ...I get carried away.

Posted by: jhat111 ()
Date: September 26, 2008 05:33

i was there..my first stones shows....we saw them the next day too.....i was 18 and a freshman at WVU in morgantown...some guys from home came got me and we were off on what was to become the first show of a 33 show journey i'm still on...we were probably 10-15 yrds from stage..to the right of center,,keith's side on purpose...i think we did some cheap LSD...got our asses sunburned off..i thought it rocked

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 26, 2008 05:39

saw the show from the 26th, excellent day of music, much longer than the 78 philly show which i also enjoyed very much since it was my first show, i know it was short and sloppy but what an event it was

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 26, 2008 05:43

My first stones concert also. I was about 50 feet back on the field. It was really fun, and everyone was so f-cked up it was a little scary. I remember the electric kool-aid being passed around. Anyone remember the motorcylce folks, the Pageans, pushing up close to the stage. Man do, I feel old. 27 years ago.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home