Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Cymbals
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 18, 2008 02:30

Must admit, I don't know much about them.

Discuss.

Re: Cymbals
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 18, 2008 02:31

They are very cymbalic.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 18, 2008 02:44

SomeTorontoGirl
I don't know much about them.

You could take a crash course...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 18, 2008 02:53

OH! I get it!

Cymbals in the subject field?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 18, 2008 02:58

Good one STG. This is another thread that should be sticky'd. Yeah it should be stuck right up...

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 18, 2008 03:06

i'm a little slow...

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 18, 2008 03:25

Here is one of Charlie's. It and many other gems are currently on show in the following iorr thread....

Add photos of your rarities

Date: September 18, 2008 04:24

[Did I hear a rimshot? Heh heh heh!]

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: September 18, 2008 04:31

Dude below Charlie is a Wizard. Absolutely the best.

Date: September 18, 2008 04:33

Neil Peart of Rush?

Indeed! This clip is worth a look if you like drums / Rush / Neil Peart / have never heard a Newfoundland accent.

Oh, heck. One more for the Rush fans. Just in time for winter. Filmed about a mile from Chez STG.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-18 04:45 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: September 18, 2008 05:15

Neil Peart before the SARS concert:

"A short, older man stepped up to me, sticking out his hand and saying something I couldn't hear. Thinking 'Now who is this?' I took out one of my ear monitors and said, 'Sorry, I couldn't hear you."
He spoke again, smiling, "Hello, I'm Charlie Watts."
"Oh!" I said taken aback, "Hello". And I shook his hand.
He asked if we were going on soon, and I said yes, any minute, and he said, with a twinkle,' 'I'm going to watch you!'
I supposed if I could have felt more pressured, that might have done it, but I was already at maximum intensity - There was no time to think of Charlie Watts and The Rolling Stones, watching them on the T.A.M.I. Show or "Ed Sullivan" When I was twelve-and-a-half, hearing "Satisfaction" snarling down the midway at Lakeside Park, Gimme Shelter at the cinema in London, listening to Charlie's beautiful solo album, Warm and Tender, so many times late at night in Quebec, or any of the other million times that Charlie Watts and his band had been a part of my life.

Geddy e-mailed me later and mentioned that scene:

BTW, I will never forget that moment before we went on stage when Charlie Watts came over to shake your hand (at the worst possible moment!) and watching you face go through all the motions of ... a. who is this old guy? b. what does he want? c. oh for gods sakes it's Charlie Watts!"

Date: September 18, 2008 07:24

Rialb
... There was no time to think of Charlie Watts and The Rolling Stones, watching them on the T.A.M.I. Show or "Ed Sullivan" When I was twelve-and-a-half, hearing "Satisfaction" snarling down the midway at Lakeside Park, Gimme Shelter at the cinema in London, listening to Charlie's beautiful solo album, Warm and Tender, so many times late at night in Quebec, or any of the other million times that Charlie Watts and his band had been a part of my life...

Beauty, eh? Thanks Rialb!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1328
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home