Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT The Best Led Zeppelin Boot I Ever Heard
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: September 7, 2008 23:47

It has various titles, including "Four Blocks in the Snow". It's from MSG, 12 February 1975. It's a matrix soundboard/audience, and approaches officially-released quality. I love this one, and it features excellent performances of "Sick Again", "Over the Hills and far Away" and "In My Time of Dying". I highly recommend that Zep fans grab this one.

You can download this gem, and many others, from here: [dinostunz.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-07 23:56 by bassplayer617.

Re: OT The Best Led Zeppelin Boot I Ever Heard
Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: September 8, 2008 00:27

Not to brag but I was at that show.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 8, 2008 00:33

Cool,thanks for the link Bassplayer.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: September 8, 2008 03:15

The band sounds great on that one, but Plant is a bit hoarse. His musings on the snowstorm and seasons in general, however, are priceless. The last night at Earls Court from later that year is also quite good (and includes an additional acoustic set).

Posted by: Jesus Murphy ()
Date: September 8, 2008 17:39

I've heard worse sounding official live albums than this one. Much like the infamous LA '77 "Eddie" show, Jimmy Page could put this one out as is and make a zillion dollars.

I wonder...are there any Stones SBD/AUD matrixes along the lines of this one?

Date: September 9, 2008 02:58

Picked up a new one called "Any Port In A Storm The Lost Soundboard Show", Southampton University, Jan 22, 1973. Two disc set and the thing is smokin' hot. The best recorded Zep show I've ever heard. Plant is very animated, talking to the audience. The band is tight and really seems to be enjoying themselves. I'm not a big Zep fan but this has made me reaccess things. If ya find it, get it. You won't be disappointed.

Scotty

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: September 9, 2008 05:27

This is a piece of heaven's chords and solos.
heck
love this onesmileys with beer

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 9, 2008 11:32

For me the best Zepp boot is Fillmore 69. Absolutely incendiary guitar playing and one of the best example of a group in their prime. The band is tighter than Plants' keks. Anyone who loves the more bluesy side of Zepp, especially the first two albums will go nuts for this.

Posted by: Jesus Murphy ()
Date: September 9, 2008 17:42

[email protected]
Picked up a new one called "Any Port In A Storm The Lost Soundboard Show", Southampton University, Jan 22, 1973. Two disc set and the thing is smokin' hot. The best recorded Zep show I've ever heard. Plant is very animated, talking to the audience. The band is tight and really seems to be enjoying themselves. I'm not a big Zep fan but this has made me reaccess things. If ya find it, get it. You won't be disappointed.

Scotty

As a matter of fact, the Southampton tapes were in the running for an official release (hence the great sound); incredibly (likely due to Plant's voice and the occasional technical gremlin) the show was passed over by Jimmy Page and Kevin Shirley in favour of the "How The West Was Won" West Coast '72 shows.

Surprised no one's mentioned the '75 and '77 LA Mike Millard recordings yet...some of the greatest live recordings ever made (he did some kick ass tapes of '75 Stones shows too, of course)- "Mike The Mike"'s audience tapes trump damn near ANY soundboard...or official live album, for that matter...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 9, 2008 17:49

This is a great boot.
Southampton 1973 is just as amazing if you get the right version.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 9, 2008 17:56

Silver Dagger, can you tell me the set list for that show? How is the sound quality?

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: September 9, 2008 18:53

Hey HD..I haven't forgot about you....working through some computer issues.

He may mean one of these shows? [concerts.wolfgangsvault.com]

You may have to sign-up to access the Vaults? It's well worth it if your haven't already. Tons of live shows on there from various artists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-09 18:53 by Bingo.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 9, 2008 19:59

Hey Bingo, thanks for the info. Didn't even realize it was posted on that site..

Also I have a few more reggae cds that might interest you. Drop me an email when you get a chance and we'll discuss.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home