Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

[Semi-OT] Steve Jordan question
Posted by: Mr.Ed ()
Date: August 25, 2008 09:57

Hello,

SJ info on Wikipedia: [en.wikipedia.org])

Why did Steve not apear in the Blues Brothers movie?
He toured with them as you can hear on Brieffcase Full Of Blues and Made in America.

Gr, Mr.Ed cool smiley

Re: [Semi-OT] Steve Jordan question
Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: August 27, 2008 00:10

Neither did keyboardist Paul Shaffer, who has also been playing with the Saturday Night Live band. I remember having read that it was a clause in the show band's contract with the TV station producing it, that kept them out of the movie. Their replacements were, of course, Willie Hall on drums, and Murphy Dunne on keyboards, who has quite a large role in the movie, as bandleader of the Magic Tones.
I once googled him and found that he's really been gigging as "Murph and the Magic Tones" at some rather recent point in time (!)

Re: [Semi-OT] Steve Jordan question
Posted by: SimonV ()
Date: August 27, 2008 00:41

Man is that guy an impressive player.. heard him live.. he sounds FANTASTIC.

Paul Shaeffer was in the BB 2000 movie.. which was ofcourse a lot less fun, since it didn't have John Belushi. It could have had Jim Belushi, but for some reason he didn't make it and they had the 'Joe Morton' character.. which was BAD if you ask me. But Jim has performed with them and I think he's fun.. not like some kind of sad rip off..

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2293
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home