Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Drive-By Truckers
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 13, 2008 00:13

I know we recently had a thread about some of the UK-based IORRs seeing the Drive-By Truckers in Camden, London. I rate their Brighter Than Creation's Dark as the album of 2008 but have just got the rest of their work and am staggered that it's not even the best thing they've done. I'm currently listening to their Southern Rock Opera and it's sounding pretty damn good. Reference points? Well, Steve Earle, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Neil Young and Crazy Horse and The Stones at their southern swaggering best. Great lyrics, great guitar and just great rocking in the best 70s kind of way since...well since the 70s. I've also heard a few snippets from their album The Dirty South and that's sounding like a masterpiece too. You know when you were young and you heard a band that really lifted you out of the gloom of school or your job - well that's the kind of feeling I get from these guys. Check 'em out. Real good time rock'n'roll.

Re: OT: Drive-By Truckers
Posted by: NickB ()
Date: August 13, 2008 01:01

Cooley is the new Keef. F**kin' awesome band. Fave album not sure yet but Pizza Deliverance is getting there for me.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Date: August 13, 2008 11:56

Let's hope they come back pretty soon. Still gutted I missed them.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: August 13, 2008 12:17

They're playing some festivals here is the link to their tour dates page.

[www.drivebytruckers.com]

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Date: August 13, 2008 14:50

Fvck - they're playing The V Festival Chelmsford on Sunday. Might have to try and get to that one.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: August 13, 2008 18:42

Silver Dagger, go to that damn V Festival and stop gutting yourself for crying out loud.....report back to us Monday afternoon....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home