Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ron Wood with Don Covay 1988
Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 11, 2008 05:09

Great stuff!

Re: Ron Wood with Don Covay 1988
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 11, 2008 07:31

Ronnie's take of Chain Of Fools is da best thang on The Music Of Don Covay..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: August 11, 2008 14:46

The track "Somebody`s Enjoying my home" is on this cd "Celebrating the music of Don Covay" from 1993, but sung by Chuck St.Troy and with Mick Taylor on guitar. Just beautiful!! Ronnie`s "Chain Of Fools" is great, the cd is a must have, with more great versions by Iggy, Peter wolf, boby Womack, Jimmy witherspoon and more...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 11, 2008 17:05

Jagger, Womack and Covay duetting on Invitation still is one of the beste outtakes of the Stones.

Mathijs

Posted by: django ()
Date: August 11, 2008 20:35

Mathijs
Jagger, Womack and Covay duetting on Invitation still is one of the beste outtakes of the Stones.

Mathijs

I have listen to it probably a million times - first time on vinyl in the eighties - and I doubt that MJ is singing. I can only hear Womack and Covay. Is Covay imitating Mick or is it the other way around? Their voices sound so similar.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 11, 2008 22:11

django
Mathijs

Mathijs

I have listen to it probably a million times - first time on vinyl in the eighties - and I doubt that MJ is singing. I can only hear Womack and Covay. Is Covay imitating Mick or is it the other way around? Their voices sound so similar.

Jagger sings falsetto, and it's most likely Ron Wood on drums.

Mathijs

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: August 12, 2008 00:11

Ok, here is some deep trivia:

Did you notice the credits mentioned drummer Hilly Michaels? This power pop / new wave video from Hilly was on MTV for a few weeks in late '81 and or early '82. I thought it was pretty cool at the time (not as cool as Start Me Up, of course).

I still think the blonde girl in the black t shirt is pretty cute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-12 00:15 by cbtaco19.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 12, 2008 02:03

The album "Don Covay and Friends" features some of Ronnie's artwork.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 12, 2008 22:54

I dunno if it's in print but the Covay tribute album is very good - Iggy's 'Sookie Sookie', Mick Taylor, etc - find it.
Best Covay CDs imo in print are Razor & Tie's comp (Stve Hoffman remastered!), & the Koch twofer "Mercy!/See Saw"...Hendrix may be on parts of the latter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home