Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick and his camcorder??? What's the deal?
Posted by: wrichardson ()
Date: July 30, 2008 09:04

Just been looking back on the last few years of Stones DVD's and Mick always seems to have a camcorder in his hands filming all backstage events.
This has been going on for the last few years.
I wonder if he is storing these for future DVD release or just for family files.

Would make a great DVD, I think!

Whats people thought?

Re: Mick and his camcorder??? What's the deal?
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 30, 2008 09:15

I'm sure most of it will be for family files but I have a feeling that a portion of it will eventually make some kind DVD. It would definitely be an original idea...no entertainer as big as Mick Jagger has ever carried a camcorder enough to document almost every aspect of what it's like to be on tour, to be famous and to be one of the most recognized individuals in music. What are on those tapes are definitely moments that we would definitely squeal in glee for. Either Mick will save the release till his later years or his family will release it after he leaves this earth...a package named "The Mick Jagger Video Diaries 2002-2012" would definitely be great insight into the man.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 30, 2008 10:57

It is for his own private use. Just like you and me, He likes to have memories. We do picture him and vice versa. He would never use this in any production, due to legal reasons. He doesn't check in at the hotels, and he doesn't carry his own luggage, but at least he is making his own tourist pictures.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Mickerdicker ()
Date: July 30, 2008 11:02

Maybe he will bring out a docu like "Everyone stares:The Police inside out" made by drummer Copeland.
[www.imdb.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-30 11:11 by Mickerdicker.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 30, 2008 11:06

Wasn't there some footage from his cam corder in "Being Mick"? I think there is...

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: July 30, 2008 11:54

He has a camera with him since 1972, and films quite everything since 1994 (some of his footages are in the Voodoo Cd-rom).

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 30, 2008 14:00

yes VOODOO LOUNGE cd rom, Being Mick have MJ footages

he always have it in hands
good point. The man is not blase

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 30, 2008 14:26

I remember seeing some of this from the Licks San Antonio show.
I think it was put up on RS.com.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 30, 2008 14:55

The Beatles Anthology series included a degree of "private footage".
I believe the general concensus was that it didn't really add much to the series, but I suppose it depends on content.
Footage of Mick in Mustique would probably be as dire any holiday films...but footage backstage, in the recording studio meetings with their Accountant might be a bit more riveting.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 30, 2008 15:11

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 30, 2008 15:21

.... Naw, gotta disagree on this one. Sometimes MUSTIQUE footage might be a tad bit more interesting than many would suspect -

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: July 30, 2008 15:43

I was working on No Security. In Oaklahoma Mick stood next to me and filmed Johnny Langs soundcheck. I wanted to say hello but was too shy !

Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: July 30, 2008 16:00

there is indeed some footage of it in the salt of the earth documentary. in the credits it also says something like "additional camera -- mick jagger" if I remember it correctly.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 30, 2008 18:11

several of us were in his footage that was captured during his arrival at the wiltern rehearsal in '02. fun day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-30 18:11 by T&A.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 30, 2008 19:19

L'wren thinks it's intrusive.
But Mick wants to out-do Tommy Lee's video. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: July 30, 2008 21:38

It's probably not his main reason for carrying it so often, but having a camera like that probably keeps paparazzi and pushy photographers, plus the stalkers, a little bit at bay when he's trying to get in and out of places, into cars, etc. etc. Anyone who sees Mick with a video camera immediately knows that if somebody tries to hassle him or throws a punch or if something crazy goes down, he will have the footage all right there for the future court case or whatever. It's certainly plausible, especially for why he would film sort of boring things like being backstage, which you think he would have tons of footage of himself doing that by now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-30 21:40 by Turning To Gold.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 30, 2008 21:41

In light of Ronnie's recent settlement, it's probably a good idea to film EVERYTHING and avoid a "He said/She said" legal conflict.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 31, 2008 00:50

i think some of his footage was also in 4 Flicks, like at the Olympia.

p

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 31, 2008 01:53

Mick Jagger - Essen 1965 - Bent Rej

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: August 1, 2008 21:00

There was also some TV special from VOODOO LOUNGE that had footage he had shot, of him (from his limo window) talking to a bootleg t-shirt salesman.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 1, 2008 21:10

Rockman..thanks for the photo. Glad to see that Mick chose Nikon.

also...I think TURNING TO GOLD has a valid point....he probably noticed that
using his camera kept others at bay...to some degree. The bit about
having video proof of troublemakers etc...might be a secondary benefit.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 1, 2008 21:32

Also in 25 by 5 documentary there is some of his own filmed stuff: Jerry and their kids (with those conservative sailor suits) are playing in the park, and Mick is commenting something behind the camera. Very pesrsonal.

Taking the amount of his tapes since 1972 or earlier, he surely has VERY interseting collection of stuff. THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF MICK JAGGER would be a nice movie...

- Doxa

P.S. There is a wild story of one particular home film by Mick of Brian Jones but I don't go to details here. It is surely a myth anyway.

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: August 1, 2008 22:34

Just some jamming, wandering who is playing with Mick J?

Imagine if he showed up like this in Copenhagen, in Drop In, MOJO or Lades Kælder - that would be the event of the year.

I have been in Drop In, MOJO or Lades Kælder - wonderful place to go to listen to live music.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 1, 2008 22:48

Rockman..thanks for the photo. Glad to see that Mick chose Nikon.

sweet neo con....camera belongs to Bent Rej... Mick just borrowed for a time

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: August 11, 2008 23:43

HelterSkelter
.... Naw, gotta disagree on this one. Sometimes MUSTIQUE footage might be a tad bit more interesting than many would suspect -

Thanks for posting...nothing would be better than seeing Mick at an island bar. Any clips of his recent appearance?

Regarding the camcorder...I think Mick gets energized through people..and he loves his fans (usually!)

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 12, 2008 10:17

Mick probably just has a minor case of Camcorder-itis. A common affliction discovered about twenty years ago.
Every family has sufferer...usually that uncle who shows up at every function and shoves his lens in everybody's face all night.
[At least the sodding things don't look like some kind of bazooka these days ;^)]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home