Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-Alice Cooper: Along Came A Spider
Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: July 18, 2008 19:21

Re: OT-Alice Cooper: Along Came A Spider
Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: July 18, 2008 20:38

the Coop rocks. Not sure how he reconciles the "trap, kill, eat" philosophy with his bible studies!

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: July 18, 2008 22:42

Coop's show has always been a morality play where he gets punished for his evil ways. Maybe he'll come up with something new besides the gallows or guillotione.

Check out track 10 - SALVATION

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 18, 2008 22:57

At Osnabruck he used the Guillotine. I was hoping for the hanging because I've never seen it. Maybe he'll do it in November. Overall the concert was excellent, good show and very strong band with near flawless performance. As far as the new album goes I don't care for the tracks I've heard. Hopefully the whole CD will turn out to be great. Alice still rocks!!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 19, 2008 00:21

more with Alice and spiders

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: July 19, 2008 01:17

The Alice Cooper Band was fantastic. Alice Cooper solo not so much. A drastic difference I think. There were 4-5 great albums in a row there. They had the groove sound. MEZ

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: July 19, 2008 02:10

At Osnabruck the stage was too small for the gallows which he used at other shows this year.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: July 31, 2008 23:16

The Alice Cooper / Rolling Stones Connection

Just reading a review of Along Came A Spider and I see that Bernard Fowler sings backup. Is this old news?

AMG Review

Date: August 1, 2008 06:47

haven't been able to locate the album yet but i'm getting it

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: August 1, 2008 07:44

it's good modern day Alice, gets better with repeated listens. the cover & booklet are excellent, and at least the digipak's inner sleeve is hilarious. "Steven"!

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: August 3, 2008 12:15

I've been a Cooper fan for 25 years, but his new album sucks. His last two records (Dirty Diamonds and Eyes of Alice Cooper) were great. He had a cookin' little band, and the songs had a nice rough and ready "live" groove.

This new one sounds like a horrible studio creation. When the guitarist (Danny Saber) also co-writes, co-produces, mixes the record as well as handling bass and keyboard duties you know that Cooper has put all his eggs in one basket. Worse than that though is the cool, modern vibe he is shooting for. Cooper, you are about 60 ferchrissakes. Much of this album reminds me of turkeys like "Feed my Frankenstein" or "Hey Stoopid" and the sound is clunky like the Brutal Planet Nu-Metal nonsense from 10 years ago.

I will persevere with this, tho I suspect it will be thankless. Glimmers of light are "vengeance is mine" and the ballady "salvation" which sounds like it could be an outtake from Coopers latter day masterpiece "The last temptation".

Oh, and the album is utterly humourless - unless its all supposed to be one big joke.

Nice packaging tho!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1354
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home