Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A story about a Stones spokesperson
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 27, 2008 17:24

This is not a big story. But it is first source.

A French journalist had a commission: a feature on the Rolling Stones' business and sponsorship.

He knew nothing would leak about big money. But at least he wanted one or two quotes: how the Stones feel about having as a sponsor an investment fund? Yes, it was just about a little comment.

So the journalist called to New York and London, where the US and the European Stones spokespersons could be reached.

One of them was too busy. The other answered quickly after four or five tries.

This spokesperson said: " I won't disclose figures, but I may give you a little comment. But first you have to get in touch with this lady ZZ in Paris. She is well known in the show business there. See, I need to be sure you have credentials. Ask her call me back, and I'll see what I can do".

The journalist asked various sources about that lady ZZ, only to find out there was no clue about her existence.

As a last resort, he called his editor-in-chief, who ran a lifestyle, well-introduced magazine.

"You know this lady ZZ?. Can you give me a tip?"

"Never heard about her."

The editor was annoyed. He did not like to be disturbed for an unfinished work.

The journalist, who has running out of time, called back the Stones spokesperson, saying he had done everything possible to get in touch with that lady ZZ in Paris, but nobody seemed to know her.

"Be persistent. Do you homework, the spokesman fired back. She is famous in your country".

The journalist was dazzled, searched again – and rang the editor.

"I am sorry, I know this important, but I cannot do anything here. This lady ZZ is a mystery, yet I know people", the editor said coldly.

Eventually, the journalist called the Stones spokesperson. "See, I cannot find her, it seems she doesn't exist".

"I am sorry for you, I am sorry you failed, the Stones spokesperson said with a slight scorn. But as you have spend some time on this matter, I will give you some quotes about the sponsorship".

And this was done, so the journalist was able to write his feature.

Months after, the journalist still felt unrest. Who was that lady ZZ? He kept on looking in different circles, just for the record, just to know if he was an idiot. Years after, it turned out lady ZZ was an invention.

There is no sure answer for that. But it seems some PR like behaving as prima donnas.

The love of fame is infectious.

Re: A story about a Stones spokesperson
Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 27, 2008 17:32

[en.wikipedia.org]

That was easy...this person is not a good journalist...and he's French????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-27 17:36 by Bingo.

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: July 27, 2008 17:41

I'm french and would like to know which magazine it is, please !

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Date: July 27, 2008 17:41

Impressive!

But it was not her. Zouzou la twisteuse is famous.

I just picked up "ZZ" randomly - it could have been YY or XX.

Date: July 27, 2008 18:05

Bingo, no need to be offensive. I just mention France because it happened there. It would have been in Italy, I would have written "Italy".

I guess you see this story as a fan, not with the eyes of someone doing his job.

No matter it is about the Stones or a poultry story for a farmer magazine. You have a deadline, you have different stories to write at the same time, and no safety net. This is the routine of a freelancer. I have met several journalists in different parts of the world, sometimes writing a Stones' story. Some of them were not fan at all, some were more comfortable writing about SARS or food. But that was their commission, and they had to fulfilled it.

Anyway, this was twisted.

As a PR, you have also to do your homework. Say yes or no, but don't BS, don't waste people's time with childish game.

Especially when you are likely to score very expensive fees with your wealthy client.

[www.ldcommunications.co.uk]

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 27, 2008 19:13

Sorry Joker, in no way was I meaning to be offensive. Since you put ZZ and not XX, that made of world of difference.

I think you would agree, since Zouzou is well known.

Date: July 27, 2008 19:30

No hard feeling.

Besides, I like your dog's eyes. Seems a nice dog, and no costly at all to feed. Virtual pet food is a bargain.

I wish we were meeting Zouzou.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 27, 2008 19:51

I thought it was a joke smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home