Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Boot DVD ratings
Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: July 24, 2008 00:13

Any site out there that may have ratings of the Stones bootleg DVD's. I have visited a couple of sites and I have ordered from them as well accepting their rating system.
So far the DVD's that I have accumulated are not bad at all except for a couple of them that were obviously rated a lot higher than they should have been.

Re: Boot DVD ratings
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 24, 2008 01:36

In what way? Quality? Performance?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 24, 2008 02:14

the best thing to do is post a question about a dvd that you are interested in on this forum and someone here will give you a better answer than those web sites, trust me

Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: July 25, 2008 01:22

In what way you say. You know like video quality,sound quality, Is it stereo or 5.1., Maybe remastered. Just a site or an individual that can rate them honestly. I'm happy with most of the boot's that I have foraged up but some of them that are rated as video quality 9.0 are far from it.
I realize that individuals that sell them use their marketing strategy to sell them but that never works unless the merchandise is represented as honestly as possible.
I do know the difference between pro shot and some guy in the audience with a mini cam. Just state the facts when you offer them.

Date: July 25, 2008 01:26

My fave is the the 4reel version of Ladies & Gents. I've had several versions thru the years but as far as I know this is the best available, am I wrong?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 25, 2008 09:26

The best ones IMO are Ladies And Gentlemen (4Reel), Big @#$%& Blues (4Reel), Rare Videos 64-65 (Way Of Wizard label), The Rolling Stones on DVD 1965-69, LA Blues (75 tour), Aux Abbatoirs (Paris 76), Sucking In The 70s, Muddy Waters And The Rolling Stones (Checkerboard Lounge 81), Midnight At Brixton (Brixton Academy 95 plus Stripped), The Rolling Stones Video Collection 1980-2001.

You'll have to get info on most 1980 gigs as I don't really collect those. Mind you the 02 Arena Last night is pretty amazing.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 25, 2008 10:35

What is Midnight at Brixton exactly ?
AUD or PRo ?

I saw the Proshot Brixton once, but I've never been able to put a hand (or a click) on it so far...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 25, 2008 12:35

Proshot Brixton???I heard it was filmed by the band but I've never seen that. The one that is in common circulation was a cam job. Like the Shepherd's Bush 99 one but much better quality.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 25, 2008 13:00

It was filmed, like the Olympia and the Paradiso shows for a possible MTV unplugged, which of course never happened. Instead, we got the Stripped video, which was broadcast many times in different countries.

The complete Brixton concert was shown in public ONCE in '99 at the Brixton Academy, during a Stones convention, by the time the band played their last Wembley Stadium gigs.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 25, 2008 14:07

Unfortunately it wasn't shown in a cinama . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home