Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith in Vegas
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 17, 2008 19:40

How many out there could easily picture Keith with a gig in Vegas someday playing all alone, just him and a chair and a table for his drink. His acoustic guitar propped up next to him and maybe strumming a chord every other song or so.

Re: Keith in Vegas
Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: July 17, 2008 19:51

It will probably be Bernard, Lisa, Blondie, Daryl, Chuck and the others who are more likely to make it to a stage in Vegas than Keith -- I seriously do not think it is out of the question that down the road, the Stones backing band members might do something like that someday. Remember when Elvis' band did that tour a few years ago with footage of Elvis playing on giant video screens? Something like that.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 17, 2008 19:52

I didn't mean anytime soon, I'm talking like when he's around 130 years old or so.

Posted by: David Neal ()
Date: July 17, 2008 20:08

i'll go

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 17, 2008 20:32

I'm picturing it (with Annie Leibovitz) right now...

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-17 20:33 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 17, 2008 21:15

never happen

Date: July 17, 2008 21:29

howabout...with a red guitar on Celine Dion's stage?

The Vegas Voodoo Lounge act?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 17, 2008 22:13

you mean the colisium at ceasers (formerly where celene dion performed as her run has ended and been replaced by cher and elton john still does shows there)

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: July 17, 2008 23:13

I would like to see Keith & Expensive Winos hold down Caesars for month worth of shows each year. I would go.

Saw Elton John there last year. Really good show and a nice venue.

If the Stones don't tour again in the near future Vegas may be where Ron Wood winds up doing a gig. He will need income coming in if Jo divorces him.

Date: July 17, 2008 23:28

The Greek
you mean the colisium at ceasers (formerly where celene dion performed as her run has ended and been replaced by cher and elton john still does shows there)

yes but i was kidding.

Date: July 17, 2008 23:30

1cdog
Saw Elton John there last year. Really good show and a nice venue.

yep..i saw Jerry Seinfeld perform there. biggest stage in vegas..they say. ??

Date: July 17, 2008 23:38

I could just see him up there singing This Place Is Empty or How Can I Stop with a bunch of old ladies tossin' their granny panties, oh wait that's already happening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-17 23:38 by knockyourteethout.

Date: July 17, 2008 23:40

knockyourteethout
I could just see him up there singing This Place Is Empty or How Can I Stop with a bunch of old ladies tossin' their granny panties, oh wait that's already happening.

Who? Seinfeld?? winking smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 18, 2008 00:05

Turning To Gold
Remember when Elvis' band did that tour a few years ago with footage of Elvis playing on giant video screens? Something like that.

Yup...Elvis The Concert toured for a full 10 years...a few years domestically but found consistent success overseas...just recently last year decided to end the show's run.

Funny, I always wondered if ever Mick was not around if the rest of the band would do something like this. Don't think they would. But what an intersting way to see the Stones in the year 2020!

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: July 18, 2008 06:36

I couldn't see Vegas. But I could see him doing a few NYC gigs a year ala Les Paul. Anyone who's heard Keith bootlegs where he's alone pickin an acoustic, knows how good this could sound. This cat needs to play to live I believe. Just like Muddy, Wolf, John Lee he'll play somewhere until he drops.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 18, 2008 19:16

Well, the Stones will still be touring in 2020. In Vegas.

Hopefully they'll quit before anything shitty like that happens.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 18, 2008 21:05

fiftyamp
I couldn't see Vegas. But I could see him doing a few NYC gigs a year ala Les Paul. Anyone who's heard Keith bootlegs where he's alone pickin an acoustic, knows how good this could sound. This cat needs to play to live I believe. Just like Muddy, Wolf, John Lee he'll play somewhere until he drops.

If Keith ever did do this, I can't see him working alone on stage. In all his career, he's always had (and needed, I think) the support of other performers.

Those lovely solo bootlegs are something different - because somebody kept the tape running, we're allowed to eavesdrop on Keith playing essentially for himself. It isn't really a performance at all - there's no pressure to do anything perfectly and you can hear all the bum notes and forgotten words and stops and starts while he's working out the next chord. It's magic, but it's really a private thing and I don't know if he would want to try to reproduce it on stage.

(But if I'm wrong, I'd be first in the queue for tickets).

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 18, 2008 22:19

If Keith ever did do this, I can't see him working alone on stage. In all his career, he's always had (and needed, I think) the support of other performers.

(But if I'm wrong, I'd be first in the queue for tickets).

I second that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1288
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home