Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

36 Years Ago Today Kansas City
Date: June 22, 2008 19:31

Where is the complete recording? Wah! sad smiley

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Re: 36 Years Ago Today Kansas City
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 22, 2008 19:37

The Menace of Mayfair
Where is the complete recording? Wah! sad smiley

in the stones archives never to be heard from again, bummer

duck geese!!!!!!!!! duck geese??????????

Date: June 22, 2008 20:00

They soundboarded every show from that tour. I hope they all will become available in my life time. Or I am putting a CD player in my coffin so I can hear them when I am dead, dead and gone. smoking smiley

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: June 22, 2008 21:46

I´m sure Kansas City was a shit-hot show and I don´t believe a word R. Greenfield writes about it in his STP book.

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: June 22, 2008 22:36

Tornandfrayed-

What did R. Greenfield write about that show?

Date: June 22, 2008 23:22

ShaTurd
Tornandfrayed-

What did R. Greenfield write about that show?

STP: “After the nonstop partying in Chicago, the Kansas City show is, to put it kindly, subdued. Capote stands beneath the amps, watching, as the band manages to stay on its feet throughout the whole set. When they come off, Keith says grimly, ‘Tomorrow we rehearse. For sure.’”

Posted by: mstmst ()
Date: June 22, 2008 23:23

I was there - first show ever. $5.50 - 7.50 tix. Stayed out all night (the night after the high-school prom!!)

I remember it being a whole lot like L&G - You could literally feel the wind coming off their amps. remember Keith's intro to Bye Bye Johnie was a magnificent moment among many - and they smoked that sucker.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: June 22, 2008 23:38

I knew it! KC was a smoking show!
Now all we need is a verified and listenable tape.

Speaking of which: What happened to the NEW 07/21 Philly audience tape(s) which allegedly turned up? I´ve been hearing rumours about these for a while now... Is there any truth to this? We need NEW STP audio!!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 22, 2008 23:46

The last time I was in KC, some 30 plus years ago, the only thing I was interested in was the opportunity to be standing on the corner of 12 Street and Vine with a bottle of "Illinois" wine. I didn't take a plane, I didn't take a train, and I didn't walk either...I took a bus.

I think going to KC to see the Stones would have been much more exciting

Date: June 22, 2008 23:54

Tornandfrayed
I knew it! KC was a smoking show!
Now all we need is a verified and listenable tape.

Speaking of which: What happened to the NEW 07/21 Philly audience tape(s) which allegedly turned up? I´ve been hearing rumours about these for a while now... Is there any truth to this? We need NEW STP audio!!!

Please keep me informed!!!!! eye rolling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1760
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home