Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-KISS To Get New Members....Soon
Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: June 6, 2008 22:10

June 5, 2008

Video footage has surfaced (see below) of KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons and the group's longtime manager, Doc McGhee of McGhee Entertainment, confirming what has been some fans' biggest fear for some years now — that Simmons and KISS co-founder Paul Stanley are indeed planning to keep KISS running and touring long after they decide to take off the make-up for good.

During a familiar rant by Simmons about how KISS could go on forever, Stig Karlsen of Norway's NRK asked jokingly if the band would consider looking for replacements for Simmons and Stanley in a TV show, similar to programs like "Rock Star" and "American Idol".

"The answer is yes. The deal has just been signed," Simmons replied. "It's coming soon."

In a separate interview, Stanley was apparently not very happy to hear about his bandmate's statement regarding KISS' future.

"There is no signed deal," Stanley said. "Again, when we are both aked the same question sometimes, you get different answers," Stanley added, "What will happen, we'll see as we go along. But is something going to happen next week? Is something signed? No. But am I opposed to the idea of going out and trying to find new KISS members through the television? Of course not."

In the one-and-a-half-minute clip, which is part of a one-hour-long KISS special which will air on NRK in September, McGhee can be seen stating, "I believe that KISS can go on forever. I believe that there is a way — and we are talking to people and we're pretty close to getting it done — about finding the four new members of KISS."

According to NRK, Stanley said that the members of VELVET REVOLVER were planning a similar stunt to find the replacement for lead singer Scott Weiland, who was fired at the end of the band's European tour earlier this year. However, in the end the band decided not to do it, according to Stanley, because of VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash's wish to remain "cool" and credible to his fans.

"I don't have to be that cool," Stanley reportedly told NRK with a smile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-06 22:11 by CrazyDadda.

Re: OT-KISS To Get New Members....Soon
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 6, 2008 22:12

That was a very disturbing thread title. Thankfully, the content wasnt quite as gruesome as it sounded...but with Gene Simmons, anything is possible.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: June 6, 2008 22:14

Eewww!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 6, 2008 22:23

Menudo, anyone?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 6, 2008 22:30

gene cant sell that ,no one will buy it .with the band now without its heart and soul( the spaceman himself ace frehley )you still have the voices of paul and gene that sing the bulk of the kiss catalog with the exception of eric that does sing black diamond for example .so what i am saying is that there is a continuity with the songs and how they sound to our ears .

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 6, 2008 22:58

Anyone give a toss?

Date: June 6, 2008 23:22

Elmo tries to get someone to kiss his member ..... soon!tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 7, 2008 00:24

bunch of losers, i can't stand Kiss

cartoon metal for kids

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: June 7, 2008 01:24

ablett
Anyone give a toss?

fraid so Albett - its an occupational hazard. I got my first proper stereo Xmas 82 and I fell asleep on Christmas day listening to "Im a legend tonight" and watching the lights dance up and down the "Graphic equaliser". So you see, Im in deep. I always loved Kiss. I try to move on - I'm 37 ferchrissakes - but I cant give them up. I picked up an old vinyl dressed to kill recently - and why not!

Date: June 7, 2008 01:41

andy js

cartoon metal for kids

I respect an opinion but Kiss are an easy target - have you heard Deuce, Cold Gin, Parasite etc etc.

Bet you havent

Date: June 7, 2008 02:16

of course i've bleedin heard em! i grew up listening to that shit!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 7, 2008 03:46

letitloose
andy js

cartoon metal for kids

I respect an opinion but Kiss are an easy target - have you heard Deuce, Cold Gin, Parasite etc etc.

Bet you havent

Yeah that was all good stuff. But does that mean KISS II is going to come along and make great music. NO. When your time is up it's up. Don't go all reality tv and try to keep it going. Rock bands aren't franchises. What, should the Stones start looking for a new group of people to start The Rolling Stones Part2?

Date: June 7, 2008 06:50

sweetcharmedlife
letitloose
andy js

cartoon metal for kids

Bet you havent

Yeah that was all good stuff. But does that mean KISS II is going to come along and make great music. NO. When your time is up it's up. Don't go all reality tv and try to keep it going. Rock bands aren't franchises. What, should the Stones start looking for a new group of people to start The Rolling Stones Part2?

Totally agree. The thought of a band willingly becoming its own tribute act is scary. Looks like Ace and the cat man are better off out of it.

Date: June 7, 2008 06:54

andy js
of course i've bleedin heard em! i grew up listening to that shit!

Deuce, Cold Gin, Parasite etc is NOT cartoon heavy metal for kids. Its pure Rock N Roll.

Date: June 7, 2008 16:44

letitloose
Deuce, Cold Gin, Parasite etc is NOT cartoon heavy metal for kids. Its pure Rock N Roll.

Nah. its pure CHEESE

if you want pure rock n roll you listen to AC/DC

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 8, 2008 00:54

Kiss was just awful. About a half dozen OK songs and keep the rest.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 8, 2008 01:57

ho hum......Slo gyn time again

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: June 8, 2008 03:48

i think Kiss aint good anymore they just play about the same 15 songs every tour , and they havent done an album in 10 years , they dont even play songs from last 1980's albums to Psycho Circus (98).
they have to terminate the band. i think they cant go on like that.

Date: June 8, 2008 14:58

What, should the Stones start looking for a new group of people to start The Rolling Stones Part2?

Chuck, Blondie, Lisa, Bernard, etc ???????? drinking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1207
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home