Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Thank you IMAX, SAL revisited
Posted by: Des ()
Date: May 31, 2008 21:44

A little known fact is that Canada produces the second most inventions of any country in the world except the US.

They say necessity is the mother of all invention, Canadians are complacent by nature. So when it became a nuisance to walk to the folks next door to chat we invented the telephone, so we could read the phone book we invented the light bulb, when we left the house we still needed to communicate so we invented the walkie talkie which of course led to the Blackberry. Painting sucks so we invented the paint roller. To piss of the US we invented basket ball (yes check your history) but then did not like it but of late have produced a Canadian that can be MVP but is 5’8” (thought we might like to take another try at it). Just so we could watch that MVP over and over we invented the instant replay (plus we probably had a beer in our face and missed the goal, we needed instant replay).

We invented the Bloody Caesar which just made it harder to undo the wonder bra clasp, also, the zipper is easier to use than buttons while drunk. However carrying that case of beer drunk is now safer since we invented the pop up beer case handle (liquor stores would replace cases free if you dropped them before you got to the car, see... necessity). Once we wore our bodies out we focussed on medical issues like the pacemaker and cancer treatments. Oh ya, anything to do with moving, traveling on, or smoothening out snow and ice.

But it’s at moments like last night when I sat down to watch SAL in the IMAX that I was truly proud to be a Canadian. Back in the early seventies some Canuck (actually met his brother who explained the history) was sitting with that beer and joint thinking out of necessity....this screen is just too small and the sound system just too weak to play my Stones movies on....I think I’ll make a bigger theatre!!!

Fact was I had seen the movie opening night in a regular theatre, the sound was low and I missed some of the great detail. Last night it all became clear….Eh!

Re: Thank you IMAX, SAL revisited
Date: June 1, 2008 02:40

And Canada has Michael Cohl who re-invented the Stones.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 1, 2008 09:17

...but the greatest Canadian export is
Terrance and Phillip

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: June 2, 2008 20:17

Canada also has Margaret Trudeau who had a thing with Ronnie, which peevced Pierre to the point he had Keith busted.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 2, 2008 20:40

>> Margaret Trudeau who had a thing with Ronnie, which peeved Pierre to the point he had Keith busted <<

er ... other way around, isn't it? the ever-helpful Ronnie was just doin his best
to distract everyone from Keith's troubles ... it probably helped too

(ahem: the Department of Historical Accuracy would like to note that this is a joke -
vox12string's post included, i hope!)

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 2, 2008 20:41

g'day, with sssoul.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 2, 2008 21:12

Didn't Canada invent Canadian bacon? And Montreal steak?

Posted by: Pizza ()
Date: June 2, 2008 21:13

LOL

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 2, 2008 21:34

Richard from Canada
And Canada has Michael Cohl who re-invented the Stones.

..and you're proud of that??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1637
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home