Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Marianne & Keef
Posted by: mofur ()
Date: May 31, 2008 13:19

For years I've had the album "Faithfull - a collection of her best recordings". On this album is the song "Ghost Dance" (Patti Smith) which I've always liked a lot.

The song is produced by Keef and Don Was in 1994 (busy year for Keef) and it is brilliant. However - this compilation makes no mention of who played what, though I always assumed Keef played some guitars on the track, if not in his usual style.

Then recently, I bought "A Perfect Stranger - The Island Collection" and found out that the personnel is:
Keith Richards - guitar/Don Was - bass/Ronnie Wood - guitar/Charlie Watts - drums.

Wow - some backing band! The only setback is that "Ghost Dance" on the "new" collection lasts only 03:43 compared to 04:33 on the old one - so I have to keep both versions!

Does anybody know anything more about this session - other songs, alternate versions, bootlegs - whatnot? smiling smiley

Re: Marianne & Keef
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 31, 2008 13:26

From nzentgraf.de:

940919A 19th September: MARIANNE FAITHFULL.
CD ‘A Collection Of Her Best Recordings’ (Island CIDX 8023/524 036-2).
Producers: KR & Don Was. Recorded in December 1993 at Windmill Lane
Recording, Dublin, Ireland.
- Ghost Dance (Patti Smith/Lenny Kaye)
Line-up: KR (gtr)/RW (gtr)/CW (dr)/Marianne Faithfull (voc)/Don Was (bass)/Paul Brady (recorder)

Re: Marianne & Keef
Posted by: mofur ()
Date: May 31, 2008 13:33

The recorder is mentioned in the liner notes but listed as "unknown" - therefore I saw no point in adding that.

But do you know if more songs were recorded?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1589
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home