Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Brad and Angelina - latest is enough to make one sick....
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 28, 2008 03:57

"GREED IS GOOD" - Gordon Gecko, WALL STREET

Pitt and Jolie must watch this film/DVD a lot. The latest news is our favorite "baby factory" couple is gonna buy a 1,000 acre, $70 million Estate in the South of France Village called Brignol, near the Aix-en-Provence. It even has a fancy title - Chateau Miraval. Want to know more about Chateau Miraval? Sure you do, a 3 mile long driveway, a private lake, moat, and it's own forrest. It has 35 spacious rooms (hope there's room for a home office somewhere to keep tabs on the cash). You also get 20 fountains and a stream which runs through hidden tunnels, filling the moat and lake. Neighbors include JOHNNY DEPP and BONO.

The other Pitt/Jolie properties include:

A Multi Million dollar home in BERLIN, GERMANY

A Converted Farmhouse in BUCKINGHAMSHIRE, ENGLAND

A 9 Million Dollar oceanfront home in MALIBU, CALIFORNIA

A Multi Million Dollar home in SANTA BARBARA, CALIFORNIA

A 3.75 Million Dollar home in NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

A super fancy Multi Million Dollar Apartment in PARIS (7th District)

Worried about Angelina's Twins and her making it to a hospital on time to give birth safely? Sure you are, me too, here's the plan -

A military style operation is in place. Helicopter test runs have been practiced lately from the home of Micro Soft co-founder, Paul Allen (the couple is bedding down in his Chateau till their Chateau is ready for occupancy - Man, can I relate to THAT, how many times have you had to use a friend's Chateau for this or that when your Chateau is being worked on? Right? We can all relate to what a bitch that is, been there, done that....). Anyway, the trip is a cool 8 minutes from Paul Allen's Helipad to Princess Grace Hospital in MONACO. The couple has an Army trained Pilot on 24 Hour Stand By in case an emergency should arise - good move, can't be too careful these days.... Plan B (in case of bad Helicopter weather) is a Mercedes followed by a security detail in 2 SUV's (SUV Monster truck/cars? Brad and Angie thinkin' GREEN as usual, bless their hearts) to a private hospital in Grasse - a 30 minute trip.

Well, At least now I can sleep better knowing that Brad and Angelina are safe and sound and ready for the twins arrival. For a CRAZY stupid second I thought about that faceless Vietnam Vet that has all kinds of bad Medical/Health problems and sleeps under the highway bridge cause he's homeless and can't work due to the Agent Orange he was exposed to but then I thought - F**k it, he ain't super talented like our Brad and Angie, what's wrong with your head Helter?!?!? Get a grip you big baby !!!

So congrats to our famous super star, super talents and lets hope that soon they'll have a house for every month of the year.... Rock On kids and when you see a poor slob begging for some spare coins on the street like a shameless jerk flash him the middle finger for me will ya ..... Thanx man....BTW, OCEAN'S ELEVEN is the best man, pure genius.....

You can say Mick has a few fancy places on the planet also (3 I believe - 1 of them, Mustique, he rents out most of the time). Well, he's worked his ass off for decades and decades, is super talented, and doesn't go around the world making a spectacle of himself adopting kids everywhere and other silly stuff. IMHO he deserves it after all these years...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-28 23:44 by HelterSkelter.

Re: OT: Brad and Angelina - latest is enough to make one sick....
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 28, 2008 04:01

I heard they are selling their home in New Orleans, Helter. You interested?

Historic property in the Vieux Carre, used to be Cosimo Matassa's recording studio.
Just think living in the building where The Meters, Nevilles, Dr. John, Toussaint, etc. recorded.

Date: May 28, 2008 04:05

Naw man, I don't care about all that music stuff.... but damn, it would be cool to sit on the same toilet Angelina Jolie sits on.... wait, I'm not even 100% sure she has bowel movements.... Anyone know for sure? Maybe she does it into a silk scarf and a butler takes it away.... hmmm, back to a google search - NEED SOME FACTS on this one......

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 28, 2008 04:07

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-28 04:09 by melillo.

Date: May 28, 2008 04:17

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA - WOW, it's, IT'S............. THEM !!!!! OMG !!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 28, 2008 04:52

Last week I was at a (private) party for about 2 1/2 hours that was attended by Warren Beatty. He is just an ordinary nice guy, except he's rich and famous. I wonder if people would feel the same way if Brad or/and Angelina were there.

My guess is they would stay unapproachable to folks they don't know. Better yet, they wouldn't be caught dead at such a party attended mainly be "civilians".

Date: May 28, 2008 05:08

Ya'll remember this thread? Some great input by Helter here:

[www.iorr.org]

Date: May 28, 2008 05:10

I don't know, for me it's all about greed, I mean, how many houses do you need? And it's not just the houses, it's the staff that has to run each one - that is serious money to keep up a 35 room Mansion.... IMHO, it'd be nice if they could give back a bit to America as it falls apart... Start a school chain for kids from very poor neighborhoods so they have a chance... I don't know, there's plenty of things to do. Jane Fonda was the biggest actress in the 70's and, like her politics or not, she put her effing ass on the line, she could have easily been blackballed and had her career ruined because she DID SOMETHING, took a stand... Jolie just wants to crank out more and more kids... Yeah she goes to Africa for a few hours and puts a scarf around her head, it's a good show, good PR.....

Warren Beatty put his ass on the line too. REDS was a very risky movie at the time and BULLWORTH is just BRILLIANT, one of the best......

Date: May 28, 2008 05:28

Edith Grove

[www.iorr.org]

Wow, that was a tough read, funny but a bit too much venom (had to make a slight adjustment). I don't get it, ever since I was on Letterman a while back my friends and other numerous people say I'm "Confrontational" WTF does that mean?

IS THIS CONFRONTATIONAL??? (hardly IMHO)

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 28, 2008 05:33

Just one comment about Jane Fonda, it's a statement of fact and I don't mean anything political by it other than the fact I was there...Back in the mid 70's when I was a student at San Diego State University, she was invited on campus to give a speach to an on-campus organization. I worked at the facility where she was speaking, but I joined the welcoming committe when she arrived. When she arrived she was wearing a mink coat, when she got out of her car, she took it off and put on a jean jacket. For a second, everything was quite and everyone was looking at each other with weird expressions, until Jane said, it's too damn hot to wear that other thing...and we all walked to the hall where she gave her presentation.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 28, 2008 06:23

HelterSkelter
Edith Grove

[www.iorr.org]

Wow, that was a tough read, funny but a bit too much venom (had to make a slight adjustment). I don't get it, ever since I was on Letterman a while back my friends and other numerous people say I'm "Confrontational" WTF does that mean?

IS THIS CONFRONTATIONAL??? (hardly IMHO)

It's ok helter. It was tralala...Nothing was too confrontational for her.thumbs down

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 28, 2008 08:21

How can you speak so cruelly of earth mother Angelina, UN Ambassador, a lady (?) who apparently can't get enough publicity?

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 28, 2008 09:10

Had a friend who was apartment hunting in NYC. The lady showing him around pointed out that Sarah Jessica Parker lives across the street he responded by saying "That's convenient"

As for Brad and Angelina...both of them flew into my area last year by private plane and without security detail to visit Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water. Someone from the site picked them up at the airport and drove them back later in the day. They said they were great guests. No entourage or photographer problems.
The Falling Water people did a great job keeping the visit quiet...until after they left.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 28, 2008 13:33

not bad. My neighbours too as I am often around Aix

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 28, 2008 17:36

I used to do laundry at Cosimo Matassa's recording studio - because it was turned into a laundry mat. It was on the other end of the block I lived on.

So they bought a laundry mat and turned it into a home?

Date: May 28, 2008 23:33

Yeah, collecting HOMES is their hobby, kinda like some people collect Postage Stamps except this is X's a BILLION DOLLARS more.... ya know, it's just all fun and games, fun and games for the kiddies...... How f*cked up are those Kids gonna be from 1 to 10? 25 I say......

Date: May 29, 2008 03:14

skipstone
I used to do laundry at Cosimo Matassa's recording studio - because it was turned into a laundry mat. It was on the other end of the block I lived on.

So they bought a laundry mat and turned it into a home?

You're thinking of J&M Recording Studio. He was there from 1945-55. There is still a laundromat there now.
In '55 he opened the Cosimo Recording Studio on Governor Nicholls St., just a couple of blocks from the French Market.
Helter's Youtube clip looks like it was shot just down the street from there.

More on Cosimo here: [www.allmusic.com]

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: May 29, 2008 09:29

... live and let live..........

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 29, 2008 09:40

It´s not even OT:

Great moment when she strolls down the avenue...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1379
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home