Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The new 2008 American Idol is...
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 22, 2008 05:37

David Cook

Re: The new 2008 American Idol is...
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 22, 2008 05:56

And why would anyone here be interested.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: May 22, 2008 07:28

Having never watched a second of American Idol with the sound on, I have an idear for a new series: American Midol, a contest to see which housewife can nag her husband until his head explodes (the big one, not the little one) in the least amount of time.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: May 22, 2008 08:23

American Idol is just another example of the crap the music industry trys to force on the unknowing public. Nothing more than Keraoke to the second power with no redeaming social value. And then these pretenders get recording contracts.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 22, 2008 10:25

American Idol has allowed for karaoke enthusiasts to graduate to something. It's the Emerald City at the end of the yellow brick road. These days when someone can sing well...the standard complement is now "You should be on American Idol." Nothing original to me, about a group of people that all sing alike.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 23, 2008 02:07

mighty stork
American Idol is just another example of the crap the music industry trys to force on the unknowing public. Nothing more than Keraoke to the second power with no redeaming social value. And then these pretenders get recording contracts.

My girls watch it religiously and I occasionally paid attention. That being said, I would not quite call these kids pretenders. If you think that singing in front a venue full of fans and millions of others watching on PRIME TIME television week after week and being critiqued publicly is a piece of cake then why don't you try out?

BTW, Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson are not exactly playing in high school gyms. Just because they don't fit into our genre of music, it does not minimize their importance to their fan base.

That kid, David Cook can sing BTW.

Further, a LOT of stars including rock music watch the show. Some of them have kids as well. If it is so keraoke then Graham Nash, ZZ Top, George Michael would not have wasted their time performing on it last night.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: May 23, 2008 02:27

american idol is the biggest load of shite. who was it that said that "people who watch that show are idiots"?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 23, 2008 04:09

The Sicilian
mighty stork

My girls watch it religiously and I occasionally paid attention. That being said, I would not quite call these kids pretenders. If you think that singing in front a venue full of fans and millions of others watching on PRIME TIME television week after week and being critiqued publicly is a piece of cake then why don't you try out?

BTW, Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson are not exactly playing in high school gyms. Just because they don't fit into our genre of music, it does not minimize their importance to their fan base.

That kid, David Cook can sing BTW.

Further, a LOT of stars including rock music watch the show. Some of them have kids as well. If it is so keraoke then Graham Nash, ZZ Top, George Michael would not have wasted their time performing on it last night.

I'll admit I have watched it in years past as a guilty pleasure kind of thing. Something to rag on the next day around the water cooler at work. This year I watched very little. But I decided to watch the final shows. The little 10 year old looking kid didn't impress me at all. The other guy who ended up winning seemed to have some talent. I liked his take on the Collective Soul song. Last night's results show was fairly entertaining. They brought out some old rockers. Bryan Adams,ZZ Top,Graham Nash. The USC marching band(I kept expecting them to bust out Tusk LOL). Their were a lot of crappy hokey moments. But I got to say, Carrie Underwood. Holy shit is she gorgeous. I don't want to say that the dress/jacket/pantsuit she was wearing was incredibly short. But I turned my flat screen upside down hoping for a better view.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1794
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home