Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ot Gun Club
Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 8, 2008 22:31

I just rediscovered these guys, whose categorization as a 'punk' band is even more limited than, say, X's. Roots in Southern American music, folk, blues, mixing grimy big city songs with lonesome rural midnight in the cemetary dread (they aptly covered CCR's 'Run Through The Jungle')...'Miami' (1982) and 'Las Vegas Story' (1984), their 2nd and 3rd, are classics, ambitious, full of great songs and playing, the band having outgrown the pretensions of their debut. Stones, CCR, Howlin Wolf, even a cover of 'My Man's Gone Now'. How could I have forgotton them for 15 years? Anybody familiar with their subsequent work or how those albums or their late leader Jeffrey Lee Pierce's solo efforts are? Worth getting?

Re: ot Gun Club
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 8, 2008 23:38

Jeffrey Lee Pierce's first solo album WILDWEED is *excellent*! That's the only one I'm familiar with.

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: May 9, 2008 07:51

get at least Mother Juno, great to see this best of the little known bands mentioned here

Posted by: cc ()
Date: May 9, 2008 18:03

no, I'm not familiar with the later stuff--but I would look forward to your comments on it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1325
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home