Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ALVIN LEE (Ten Years After) to give concert in Holland (special guest: John Hammond)
Date: April 21, 2008 12:36

Since the legendary Alvin Lee hardly plays anymore, there's just a show announced in Holland. It's on the 21st of November but ticketsales already started
(see: [www.ticketmaster.nl] )

Anyone seen a show by Alvin lately? I saw him last year 2007 in Belgium and he delivered one of the best shows I ever seen... just really rocking!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-21 12:37 by rollingandrocking.

Re: ALVIN LEE (Ten Years After) to give concert in Holland (special guest: John Hammond)
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: April 21, 2008 17:11

I wish he'd come to the states again. Did he retire to the south coast of Spain?

Re: ALVIN LEE (Ten Years After) to give concert in Holland (special guest: John Hammond)
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 21, 2008 17:24

Yes, I think he is in some sort of semi-retirement in southern Europe. The Sunday Times Home supplement recently had an article on his former wife's (Lee Barnes) home and recording studios -Wheeler End Studios, Huckenden Farm, Buckinghamshire. Alvin had a stake in the property but sold out in the 1990's. And quite a pad it is - it could be yours for a cool 3 million smackers. Just contact Savills Estate Agents (01494 731950) if you would like to vist.

Posted by: Beaver ()
Date: April 21, 2008 17:29

Alvin Lee is playing at Lillehammer Rock Weekend May 10. in Lillehammer Norway.
I'll catch him there.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 21, 2008 17:44

I'll probably go to Tilburg or the Blues Festival in Peer (Belgium)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-21 17:46 by Harm.

Posted by: Rockingbrilliant ()
Date: April 21, 2008 18:28

Harm
I'll probably go to Tilburg or the Blues Festival in Peer (Belgium)

I will advise to go to Tilburg, that's a complete Alvin Lee concert what will be longer than a festival show! (mostly about 30 minutes longer!)
And the support is brilliant! (John Hammond)
And the 013 club has the best sound of Holland, I've been there 3 times.

I live in Belgium, but go to the Tilburg 013 show! smiling smiley
And when the Peer festival I will be at Bospop in Holland (ZZ Top, Santana, Dickey Betts, Buddy Guy, Mick Taylor...)

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: April 22, 2008 09:55

I think I will go to Tilburg !
-------------------------------

"Ten Years After" is playing 23. Aug. 2008 in Dormagen (near Düsseldorf) !

Saw them in Januar this jear !

GREAT Concert - GREAT Band !!!!!

If you wan`t hear a band rock - GO !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-29 20:32 by satisfaction2.

Date: April 22, 2008 10:38

Just got my Tickets! Yeah, already looking forward to it!

Date: April 29, 2008 16:35

Got mine as well...Tilburg

Date: May 7, 2008 09:03

Harm

I think that;s one of the best choices you will make this year/// smoking smiley

Date: May 7, 2008 11:34

Rockingbrilliant
Harm

I think that;s one of the best choices you will make this year/// smoking smiley

musicly alone I hope... smiling smiley

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 7, 2008 21:39

BTW Ron Wood (& Lee) fans, check out the CD 'On The Road to Freedom" (orig 1974) which has Wood writing or appearing on several tracks - an excellent album, as good as TYA's best albeit more song oriented. Credited to Alvin Lee & Mylon Lefevre.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1248
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home