Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keef's Rolling Stone Interview 1971 anyone ???
Posted by: mur2 ()
Date: April 12, 2008 09:46

Hi all,
Does anybody have this interview as scans or in plain text, or anyone knows where to find it on the Net? It's pretty huge & interesting but I didn't find it anywhere yet... thanks in advance

Re: Keef's Rolling Stone Interview 1971 anyone ???
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 14, 2008 16:49

Here ya go.

[download.yousendit.com]

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: April 15, 2008 00:09

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-24 06:49 by parislocksmith.

Posted by: mur2 ()
Date: April 24, 2008 10:56

Thank you very much CindyC!!! Was looking for it for years naturally!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 24, 2008 17:26

You're very welcome mur2.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 29, 2008 22:54

Many thanks CindyC. I have re-read the interview after a gap of 37 years! I remember buying the edition from a newstand near Picadilly, London. I got to know the guy at the newstand quite well during my brief working stay in the capital. "He's quite mad you know, pointing to the picture of Keith on the cover" he said, "although the others are o.k."
Wonderful and honest!
The interview at the time was somewhat overshadowed by the Wenner John Lennon interview. That became a book and then post 1980 got reprinted all over again, with audio tapes and radio broadcasts to follow. All they need now is a stage show. Keith's interview though is better in many respects. Unlike Lennon, he doesn't come over as self obsessed (the recent Primal Scream which John had undergone the same year was probably a factor). Nor is Keith particularly vindictive towards those who had crossed his path. He does say on page 40 in regards to money troubles "there is still one guy I'm going to get" - I suppose you can take your pick - Easton or Oldham or Klein who were all being sued at the time.
Keith is very balanced towards Brian - as is Anita who offers useful insights. Keith's views on alcohol and heavy drug dependency are of course of interest in view of what came later. Above all, its his deep love for music - particualrly the Blues that shines through.
Most of the interviews these days are very superficial - probably edited heavily, just PR exercises,so this seems quite a relevation in comparison.
Well done IORR!

Posted by: RichardHurrah ()
Date: April 30, 2008 01:55

And it's only a part of the whole interview. The full version is in Exile, the book sold for blablabla and that only a very happy few have access to sad smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 1, 2008 18:13

Actually, the interview was I recall also included in one of 2 paperbacks which Rolling Stone published in the mid 70's. I have one of the volumes in my loft somewhere.
Its called The Best of Rolling Stone interviews - I think.
They could be available through Amazon or perhaps Helter Skelter -though of course long out of print. Excellent interviews - the cream of late 60's and early 70's rock's hirearchy.
Most of them might cringe now however at some of the statements they made

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1509
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home