Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

totally blown away by sal
Posted by: robertfraser ()
Date: April 19, 2008 02:28

just seen sal and i was totally blown away!!!. I gotta say that micks perfomance was simply amazing. In sympathy there is a point where he loses it completly and it's a joy to watch......keith is minamilistic but brillant in my opinon.ronnie solo in all down the line was awsome i could go on and on. i kept clapping in between songs because i thought the guy behind me was(and becuase i wanted to) turned out it was the surround sound. i'm sure everyone thought i was a to***er but i don't care i was lost in my own world.

i've seen the posts saying mick doesn't sing or perform as well as he once did but steve van zandt once wrote "Jagger's voice was adult. This wasn't pop sex -- holding hands, playing spin the bottle. This was the real thing. Jagger had that conversational quality that came from R&B singers and bluesmen, that sort of half-singing, not quite holding notes. The acceptance of Jagger's voice on pop radio was a turning point in rock & roll. He broke open the door for everyone else. Suddenly, Eric Burdon and Van Morrison weren't so weird -- even Bob Dylan".......to me he still has that in the sunday times "bad" review the guy speaks about jagger murdering a tender song like "just my imagaination" but it isn't a tender song!!! It's about a guy who is using his imagnation to pretend he has a perfect life in essence making up his own Wa**K dream. jagger sings it in a angry pissed off way.....totally right for this song. can't wait to get his one on dvd.

Re: totally blown away by sal
Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: April 19, 2008 03:03

Great post robertfraser. I'm all for criticism where it's relevant but I love seeing/reading about when someone's had a great night out thanks to The Stones. That's what it's really all about. Keeps things upbeat.Good for you man. smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 19, 2008 03:11

robertfraser
just seen sal and i was totally blown away!!!. I gotta say that micks perfomance was simply amazing. In sympathy there is a point where he loses it completly and it's a joy to watch......keith is minamilistic but brillant in my opinon.ronnie solo in all down the line was awsome i could go on and on. i kept clapping in between songs because i thought the guy behind me was(and becuase i wanted to) turned out it was the surround sound. i'm sure everyone thought i was a to***er but i don't care i was lost in my own world.

i've seen the posts saying mick doesn't sing or perform as well as he once did but steve van zandt once wrote "Jagger's voice was adult. This wasn't pop sex -- holding hands, playing spin the bottle. This was the real thing. Jagger had that conversational quality that came from R&B singers and bluesmen, that sort of half-singing, not quite holding notes. The acceptance of Jagger's voice on pop radio was a turning point in rock & roll. He broke open the door for everyone else. Suddenly, Eric Burdon and Van Morrison weren't so weird -- even Bob Dylan".......to me he still has that in the sunday times "bad" review the guy speaks about jagger murdering a tender song like "just my imagaination" but it isn't a tender song!!! It's about a guy who is using his imagnation to pretend he has a perfect life in essence making up his own Wa**K dream. jagger sings it in a angry pissed off way.....totally right for this song. can't wait to get his one on dvd.

I have to agree with you by every word!

Seeing the movie was the best 2 hours I've spent this year so far.

I was also totally blown away and I couldn't really see anything at all I wanted to change about it.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 19, 2008 03:48

It's a great flick. With everything the stones do, you are going to hear some praise and then a lot of bitching. I have seen SAL 5 times and have really enjoyed it. I think it is the best stones film in the Ronnie era.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: April 19, 2008 04:07

I loved it. I saw it when it first came out and am dying to see it again...going to next weekend smiling smiley
Does anyone know when the dvd will be out?

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: April 19, 2008 17:46

I have not seen the movie yet as here, in Greece, we still have to wait for it a bit longer... But as for CD, hey, the performance was really excellent.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: April 21, 2008 00:51

I'v seen SAL 5 times now, and it gets better and better every time! It just blows me away!smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-21 00:58 by Niklas.

Posted by: clausICGN ()
Date: April 21, 2008 01:31

Yes, it´s a really f...... fantastic movie! I´ve been to a number of Stones concerts, and had absolutely excellent places - but never did they sound or look this good! Well, it IS a movie and it IS Scorcese and he just is very good: The best band + the best movie director - what do you get? Answer: The best concert-movie EVER! This is Art, it is as simple as that! And Scorcese does things with his 16 - 17 cameras that you would never be able to experience to a concert; this is the artistic freedom making a movie - and I just love it!!!

Posted by: ROLLING STONED ()
Date: April 24, 2008 00:59

Finally got to see SAL at the cinema last night! Although the cinema i normally go to was one of those included in the 12th April premiere with the sat link from London, I had to work late that night, so could not go. The weekend it was offically released, I was in Luxembourg on a short break (buying the CD tax free in the airport on the way out, saving ymself £1.50), so could not see it, and all of last week I was working late!

Finally got to see it last night! most cinemas have stopped showing it around here, except one, whioch shows it once a day at 6pm, there was 22 people (including me) at that showing, but everyone seemed to be stamping their feet and enjoying themselves, from ages 16 to 65 ( a bit like at a Stones concert really!)

GREAT STUFF!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-24 01:00 by ROLLING STONED.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: April 24, 2008 01:41

heard the Beacon shows...nothing new, except different guest stars...Its ok, but it aint no Gimme Shelter...

JR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1452
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home