Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Let It Rock!
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 16, 2008 05:10

[www.amazon.ca]

Not sure how many of you have seen this, couldn't find a thread and can't find any of the tracks on YouTube (yet) but I was woken out of a perfectly comfy nap in front of the TV by Carl Perkins blasting Blue Suede Shoes. Turns out they were airing Let It Rock, a concert filmed at Massey Hall in 1995 in honour of Ronnie Hawkins 60th birthday. It just aired on Bravo here, not sure when it might be broadcast again but it was a trip! The Band (minus Robbie Robertson) performed and backed him up, again, wearing "Hawks" t-shirt. The Killer came out for 2 numbers then stayed for the closers, and a young, lovely, wild Jeff Healey played with him - you could see how jazzed he was to be playing Great Balls of Fire with Jerry Lee. Too bittersweet - when we think about mourning the Greats, we think about the elderly greats, not those in their prime.

Highly recommend the second half... now I have to buy it to watch the first bits.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1167
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home