Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sympathy for Keef
Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: April 4, 2008 20:23

sitting having a few glasses of wine with the wife and enjoying the Austin show on DVD. Sympathy for the Devil starts and I make my apologies in advance for what Im sure will be a messy solo....and Keith nails it (sorta). Maybe I'm pissed but it sounded great to me (though no live version equals the Flashpoint one IMO). I post this only because there have been so many comments recently about how awful this solo has become live

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-04 20:24 by letitloose.

Re: Sympathy for Keef
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 4, 2008 21:46

His playin on SAL is just mighty fine, even the worst whiners must hear it

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 4, 2008 22:22

So riff quality whining correlates inversely to drinking wine with the missus.

I knew it. I bet lots of stuff works like that.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 4, 2008 23:26

letitloose
sitting having a few glasses of wine with the wife and enjoying the Austin show on DVD. Sympathy for the Devil starts and I make my apologies in advance for what Im sure will be a messy solo....and Keith nails it (sorta). Maybe I'm pissed but it sounded great to me (though no live version equals the Flashpoint one IMO). I post this only because there have been so many comments recently about how awful this solo has become live

overdubs will do that

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: April 4, 2008 23:29

Keith is doing just fine. Still ripping Rythum and solo work if you ask me (and I think you did post this as a comment that allowed for answers).

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: April 4, 2008 23:59

He's still awesome. The way he can kneel down and stand up unaided while playing the guitar. I wondered if my dad (same age as Keef) could do that. In truth I wonder if I could! Lets hear it for Keiths athleticism (?)

Posted by: dj ()
Date: April 5, 2008 01:27

My 14 year old, who has just recently started guitar lessons, has a big interest in the Stones. (Good taste). Yesterday, I had Sympathy from SAL playing in the car and he said, "dad, that solo sounds a lot better in that YaYas CD you gave me". For what it's worth.

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: April 5, 2008 02:02

dj
My 14 year old, who has just recently started guitar lessons, has a big interest in the Stones. (Good taste). Yesterday, I had Sympathy from SAL playing in the car and he said, "dad, that solo sounds a lot better in that YaYas CD you gave me". For what it's worth.

Yuhh.. maybe he should get some more lessons. grinning smiley Just kidding...

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: April 5, 2008 02:46

melillo
letitloose

overdubs will do that

I didn't think there were OD's done on SAL mellio?? I might be wrong but I think I read it somewhere. I am sure it was remixed heavily though.

Posted by: dj ()
Date: April 5, 2008 04:08

King Snake
dj

Yuhh.. maybe he should get some more lessons. grinning smiley Just kidding...

My post probably didn't read clearly. He was saying he liked the YaYas version better and was dissing the SAL version.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1167
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home