Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

shine a light soundtrack question
Posted by: jjsteve ()
Date: April 3, 2008 11:49

to anyone who has seen the movie: i just bought the double CD soundtrack and i wanted to know if all of the songs on both cd's are also in the movie? i ask b/c there is also a single cd soundtrack version which has a few songs missing that are on the 2 cd version. thank you... PS: i thought the soundtrack was great.

Re: shine a light soundtrack question
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: April 3, 2008 12:55

The bonus tracks on disc 2 are not in the movie.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 3, 2008 17:59

I think all songs from the 2 disk version are in
the movie except: Paint It Black / Little T& A / I'm Free

Shine a Light was played over the closing credits.

Can someone else confirm this?

(and there were old B&W clips which featured archive audio of
Have you Seen Your Mother etc...)

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 3, 2008 18:49

Shine a Light and Connection are incomplete in the film, but complete on the CD (at least they'd better be!);
Paint It Black, I'm Free and Little T&A aren't in the film; and a couple of things that are in the film
(eg the acoustic instrumental pieces played over the closing credits) aren't on the CD.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 3, 2008 18:58

haven't listened to the album or seen movie yet, but based on the liner notes of the album, it seems that all but those 3 bonus songs are from the second beacon show....and i presume that's the case with the movie itself, meaning the entire first night is not in the movie....which means i can give up any hope of being seen in it! i'm surprised - i assumed they'd pick and choose songs from each night based on audio/video criteria, but seems as though #1 was just a warmup for the main event....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-03 19:10 by T&A.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: April 3, 2008 19:37

T&A
i'm surprised - i assumed they'd pick and choose songs from each night based on audio/video criteria, but seems as though #1 was just a warmup for the main event....

I think you're actually right, as the video criteria may be that Scorsese's crew didn't get the shots they needed the first night, as they were flying somewhat by the seats of their pants.

Date: April 3, 2008 19:40

*most* of it is from the second night, but i remember some shots
that were clearly not from the same show (ie were from the first night).
i don't remember which number, but i do remember noticing

Date: April 3, 2008 19:47

with sssoul
*most* of it is from the second night, but i remember some shots
that were clearly not from the same show (ie were from the first night).
i don't remember which number, but i do remember noticing

interesting. if so, then the soundtrack liner notes are inaccurate (entirely possible) or they use different takes of some songs in the movie than they do on the album (also entirely possible).

Date: April 3, 2008 19:54

i did read (or hear?) one interview with Scorsese saying all the footage is from the second night
but i figured anyone can misspeak once in a while - most of what i've read/heard has said most of it is.
maybe the bits i recall were from between songs and therefore not actually "performance footage" per se

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-03 19:55 by with sssoul.

Date: April 3, 2008 20:03

with sssoul
i did read (or hear?) one interview with Scorsese saying all the footage is from the second night
but i figured anyone can misspeak once in a while - most of what i've read/heard has said most of it is.
maybe the bits i recall were from between songs and therefore not actually "performance footage" per se

i guess from a continuity standpoint it makes sense to have all the performance footage from the same show...but, you gotta believe that there were some better performances of same songs on the first night...ah, well...

thanks for info, sister soul....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home