Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O.T Headphones
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: March 3, 2008 04:46

Does anyone use headphones for listening music or playing with guitar?I was looking some great ones AKG HEARO 787 SURROUND,and AKG k701.Do you have anything to recommend?I like wireless beacuse it will help with guitar and I am sure I want destroy the cord but are they any good?

Re: O.T Headphones
Posted by: dixiecup ()
Date: March 3, 2008 05:17

Yo Strato
I like Grado headphones best. No wireless models - very balanced sound - like monitor speakers. I heard Sympathy for the Devil (on cd through a tube amp) on the RS1s and it was an incredible experience. They are pricey and the real quality is found in the 225 (deuce and quartersmiling smiley) model and up.

The high end Sony, and Pioneer models are worth checking out too. But they'll sound brighter with more bass. AKG is good too - only the higher end stuff(701s).

Goldring is a good make as well. Sound great - used them for studio work.

What did you think of the AKG787?

Tell us what you end up with

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 3, 2008 06:31

I am very happy with my Sony Dynamic Sterio Headphones MDR-V600. I used them to co-produce our Band's CD, veryy vivid sound quality. Whenever I listen to a CD thru them for the first time, I always hear something I never noticed before in the mix. I'm sure others might be just as good or better, but I think mine is a great value for about $90 - $100.

Only negative is the cord, but I think there is a comparable wireless version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-03 06:32 by BluzDude.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: March 3, 2008 10:56

Sennheisser have always been known for making very good headphones. A lot of recording studios use them.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 3, 2008 11:00

I'm verry happy with my Sennnheiser HD 555, not only the sound is important but also if you don't get a headache after 10 minutes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-03 13:50 by NICOS.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: March 3, 2008 13:37

I don't know but are there any quality differences in wireless and regular headphones?I have destroyed 4-5 simple headphones with the cord.I wish there was a way to check them out.Also can anyone suggest me earphones for my ipod.I have sony and every few months I get new ones because they start having problems.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: March 3, 2008 15:17

I'm using my Sennheiser 570 as I clicked on this thread. Have them for 10 years or more still going strong!

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: March 3, 2008 21:17

Bose in-ear headphones for general MP3 use are hard to beat and their QuietComfort 3s are the tiger's nuts if you have the budget (GBP 275 or $349 = GBP 186 in USA).

In an audiophile magazine a number of years ago they reviewed the perceived best headphones available on the market. I can't remember the brand but a pair with "cups" made of mahogany wood were deemed the best for dynamic range, but they came in at several thousand pounds.

SD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-03 21:17 by SonicDreamer.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: March 3, 2008 21:38

SENNHEISER all the way, have numerous models.... SONY in a pinch......

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 3, 2008 23:00

AKG K240....rarely use 'em these days.

Last time was when I was editing some stuff on Mini Disk.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: dixiecup ()
Date: March 4, 2008 00:05

anyone have these? cans with mp3 player built in.
[www.skullcandy.com]

Posted by: Des ()
Date: March 5, 2008 02:28

tell you what I did.

Took my semi-acoustic and a small amp into a music store. Parked myself beside the wall of headphones and plugged in. One by one I took every set in the store off the rack and plugged them into the amp. Took one earphone off, one on. The guitar can only be heard through the phones and acousticly. As soon as I found a pair where the sound was the same coming through the phones as it sounded acousticaly I bought.

Sony MDR-V600 $180.00 CAN

I put tape on the chord at the head band to keep the chord from pulling out, have had them for years.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: March 6, 2008 05:48

I'm using Audio Technica monitoring headphones(ATH-M40fs) for recording and Shure cheaper in-ears for my iPod. The converters on the iPod nano don't really deserve more I think.

But the headphones the iPod is shipped with are just so crap - very bad stereo placement (either full right, full left or full center) and they leak so much (not only in my ears - with other people on the bus too !).

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 6, 2008 07:08

I have a pair of Equation RP-21 headphones.
[www.equationaudio.com]
They'll run you about $100 and are far and away the greatest pair of headphones I have ever used in my life. I searched for a solid month and tried out every pair I was interested in. You will NOT be disappointed. I work with alot of engineers and I have yet to meet a single person who can tell me of a better pair of headphones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home