Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

overrated guitarplayers censored
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: February 20, 2008 15:37

some month ago i posted those funny youtube clips wich show guitarheroes like van halen, clapton, steve vai, etc. with some hilarious overdubs that make them sound like pure beginners. its really f.ucking funny.
some of you probably remember. but now, the owners youtube account has been closed. some big ego-guitarplayer was protesting. jesus christ....
so my question is: does anybody have those clips saved as a file?please let me know!
thanks alot

Re: overrated guitarplayers censored
Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: February 20, 2008 15:43

[vids.myspace.com]

thanks to duijf

Posted by: phelge ()
Date: February 20, 2008 15:47

Some people have NO SENSE OF FXXXXING HUMOUR!!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 20, 2008 16:17

Tribute to StSanders - get it while you can.

do you know which ego-guitarplayer pushed them off?

"This video is a parody inspired by StSanders's world class audio replacements. His clips have been removed by YouTube because a few sad twats complained about his ORIGINAL comedic work citing coryright infringment..tossers!!! "

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 20, 2008 16:30

tossers indeed - that stuff is brilliant!
which is the one with the utterly lame handclaps in it? that one cracked me up totally

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-20 17:35 by with sssoul.

Date: February 20, 2008 17:07

open-g

quote]

i would love to know.... if anybody finds out something, please let us know!

and thank you all for "reposting". >grinning smiley<

Date: February 20, 2008 17:08

with sssoul
which is the one with the utterly lame handclaps in it? that one cracked me up totatlly

i think that was black sabbath. ozzys handclaps...haha, oh man so brilliant. hahaha

Date: February 20, 2008 17:11

guitarbastard
open-g

i would love to know.... if anybody finds out something, please let us know!

and thank you all for "reposting". >grinning smiley<

some uTuber told it:

It happened last week. Ingwe Malmsteen's management can't take a joke (but it was a bloody hilarious one - I saw it once before it was pulled) and threw some legal crap at them and You Tube folded like a pack of cards.

Date: February 20, 2008 17:47

haha unbelievable: i just wanted to say, i'm shure it was yngwie.....
oh my god, i was so shure it must have been him!

well, anybody surprised?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 20, 2008 17:51

What sissies those-tube guys are! And what a moron Malmsteen is

Date: February 20, 2008 17:58

coryright infringment, eh? Malmsteen probably thinks he actually played it - haha.

Date: February 20, 2008 18:01

yeah, to hell with them! how can someone be so free of humour???
ah, those narrowminded, narcissistic, i'm the fastest boring, blablablab-metalshredders!...gimme a break!

Date: February 20, 2008 18:36

From The Sunday Times
February 10, 2008
How StSanders shreds the stars
Those who are about to rock, we no longer salute you – a new web celebrity mercilessly mocks guitar gods

Lisa Verrico

Santeri Ojala is a musician’s musician, a guitarist who, in recent months, has become the talk of rock bands, had his fretwork fêted in muso magazines and appeared on a US chat show alongside axe god Slash. Yet the 32-year-old from Finland has never released an album or performed a concert, nor does he plan to. Until last weekend, the only place to hear Ojala play was on internet sites such as YouTube, where videos he began posting last spring under the name StSanders attracted several million hits.

A pop satirist, Ojala wasn’t filming himself playing guitar, but dubbing his own purposely poorly played solos into live footage of Eric Clapton, Eddie Van Halen, Metallica, Iron Maiden and others. While they struck rock-star poses or fixed their faces with stern intensity, the doctored soundtrack was an ear-grating series of bum notes, queasy chords and beginner’s blunders, with little trace of a tune. Olaja is a talented guitarist, and his genius was in the timing – he expertly matched their hand movements and the length of every lick so the results looked real. As his postings gained acclaim, Ojala became the toast of real rock gods – former Frank Zappa guitarist Steve Vai commented that his faked footage was hilarious. In several cases, the videos attracted more views in a couple of months than the real ones had over years.

A week ago, however, just as his so-called Slash Shreds video clocked up its millionth hit, YouTube suspended Ojala’s account and removed his postings. The website cited repeated copyright violations, but you could accuse much of the site’s material of similar infringements, so the reason would appear to be a complaint from one of Ojala’s disgruntled subjects. The Finn has the right to appeal, but, as a respected media artist, he is understandably unhappy.

“I have provided nearly 7m hits for YouTube and, as a result, they yank the plug,” Ojala says. “The YouTube slogan, ‘Broadcast Yourself’, has really gone sour, because videos that clearly violate copyright issues are left untouched. At least I broadcast something that was my own. Well, halfway, anyway...”

Whatever the outcome of Ojala’s dilemma, pop satire is flooding the internet. You can watch an impostor Paul McCartney – with every trademark tick of the original – making a cup of tea or playing a revenge song about Heather Mills to a mangled version of Lady Madonna. There’s an X-rated Kermit taking off Johnny Cash in his video for the hit ballad Hurt. Whereas once users of YouTube celebrated musicians, now they like to lampoon them.

In Ojala’s case, it was catching Vai in concert on his computer when the sound was turned off that inspired him. “Rock guitarists look even more ridiculous than usual when you can’t hear what they’re playing,” he says. When Ojala appeared on the comedian Jimmy Kimmel’s show in America, he “shredded” a Slash solo live – an astonishing performance that you can view on YouTube – while the former Guns N’ Roses guitarist shifted uncomfortably.

“What he does is impressive,” says the Garbage guitarist Duke Erikson. “When you can play guitar well – and he clearly can – it’s incredibly difficult to play that badly. Yes, he makes guitarists look stupid, but most of them manage that themselves. To not be able to laugh about it is what really makes you look foolish.”

Indeed, the most popular pop satire posting on the internet – with almost 12m hits on YouTube – is by Alanis Morissette. In April 2007, the usually sombre singer broadcast her own version of the Black Eyed Peas hit My Humps, in which she writhed around in hot pants and revealing tops. It mocked not only the song’s ludicrous lyrics – an ode to front woman Fergie’s breasts – but Morissette’s own hippie-dippy image. Critics declared it a stroke of genius that made Morissette look cool for the first time.

Whichever rock god complained about StSanders better hope nobody finds out.

Santeri Ojala from Finland shreds with Slash on Jimmy Kimmel Live
aka StSanders shredding on YouTube

[entertainment.timesonline.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-20 18:36 by open-g.

Date: February 20, 2008 18:49

way cool - thanks open-g
glad he's getting sympathetic press ... and dig the Rocks Off tshirt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-20 18:49 by with sssoul.

Date: February 20, 2008 19:02

Banned From YouTube: Parody Guitar Videos
By Jenna Wortham EmailFebruary 08, 2008 | 6:00:44 PMCategories: Behind the Scenes, Current Affairs, Digital Rights, DIY, Music, Viral Video, Web/Tech

Earlier this week, YouTube pulled the plug on funnyman and media artist Santeri Ojala, whose hilarious and popular "shredding" videos poke fun at the world's great guitar players.

YouTube said it received three complaints of copyright infringement and automatically suspended Ojala's account.

YouTube has a standing policy to suspend accounts after three complaints from copyright holders, whether the complaints are valid or not. YouTube declined to say who filed the complaints, but it was likely the guitar gods themselves -- or their representatives.

Ojala, who overdubs rock concert footage with his own bad guitar playing, says he has no plans to fight YouTube's decision, which would likely require him to hire a lawyer and file suit against the company.

...more over here
[blog.wired.com]

thumbs up for his choice of t-shirt

Date: February 20, 2008 19:10

>> Ojala, ... says he has no plans to fight YouTube's decision,
which would likely require him to hire a lawyer and file suit against the company. <<

ohh too bad - he should talk to VoodooChile on Rocks Off! who fought Allen Klein and won

Date: February 20, 2008 19:16

with sssoul
ohh too bad - he should talk to VoodooChile on Rocks Off! who fought Allen Klein and won

And now, Jimi Hendrix' "sister" has removed VoodooChile's clip.
Voodoo has to fight another one of the biggest crooks in R&R history. Who'll be the giant monster in round 3? Michael Cohl ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-20 19:18 by Erik_Snow.

Date: February 20, 2008 19:17

>> And now, Jimi Hendrix' "sister" has removed VoodooChile's clip. <<

really?! yikes, i missed that. is it still ongoing, or has he won that one too?

Date: February 20, 2008 19:19

No news as of yet, with Sssoul : [novogate.com]

Date: February 21, 2008 02:48

Those are funny. Slash is a good sport. Maybe some legal eagles can weigh in on this. Satire and parody are covered by the first ammendment in the US. That's how Weird Al can get away with his act. He does not need the artists approval to do a parody. In an interview, Weird Al said he does try and get approval first. But if not, it doesn't stop him. If I remember correctly, he said people like Michael Jackson and Madonna have approved. But others, mostly self important rap 'stars' (sic) like Coolio and Snoop Dogg have not. In an interview, Coolio wanted to kick Weird Als ass when asked about Weird Als parody.

Go Santeri Go !!!!!!!!!!!!

Scotty

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: February 21, 2008 11:15

I´ve always liked Judas Priest, they rock...

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: February 27, 2008 13:27

guitarbastard
with sssoul
which is the one with the utterly lame handclaps in it? that one cracked me up totatlly

i think that was black sabbath. ozzys handclaps...haha, oh man so brilliant. hahaha

Actually not Black Sabbath, but Ozzy with Vivian Campbell beeing his guitarplayer at the time. (Around 1986-7 I guess)
Very funny!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1550
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home