Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Shine A Light - U2 3D
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 20, 2008 22:22

Anyone going to see both movies? I find it most excellent that the two biggest bands in the world both have rock'n'roll movies out this year. And that both are unique in their own way.

Plus...it's as close to seeing either one of them live for me. At least, from this last go around.

Re: Shine A Light - U2 3D
Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: February 20, 2008 23:37

I don't know. I definitely want to see SAL. I could be talked into seeing the U2 movie quite easily if it's convenient.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 20, 2008 23:47

I saw U2 3D couple weeks ago. 80% percent of my reasons were going were basically to see the 3D effects and the fact that it was U2--a band I don't mind--made it easy to sit through 90 minutes.

It was such a great effect and I wouldn't be against ALL concert videos being in 3D as it is a very rare and unusual experience that will try its best to actually pretend to make it seem like you're actually there. Who knows when technology will be ready for us to have 3D in our homes but it'd be a great quality for music DVDs to have.

I can't imagine how much Stones fans would love it to have Mick and the guys in 3D--making it seem like they're right in front of you.

It was incredibly realistic and very very cool, though.

Posted by: chavostone ()
Date: February 21, 2008 00:15

both greatest bands??
rolling stones is the unique greatest band , no one goes more far than them!
u2 could be the 2nd or whatever , but the stones always no. 1!
shine a light wont be here in mexico , so i cant go to any , ill buy it on dvdcool smiley

Date: February 21, 2008 01:43

I said BIGGEST. Big difference!

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: February 21, 2008 11:03

U2 is a Big band, indeed. But I donĀ“t think that they as great as the Stones, They have a few good lps but the more is just boring and repeating

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: February 21, 2008 12:33

skipstone
... I find it most excellent that the two biggest bands in the world ...

Correctly: I find it most excellent that the biggest band in the world the Rolling Stones and an irish band called U2...
smiling smiley

Date: February 21, 2008 18:23

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Sales figures tally top them all...U2 is the second biggest band in the world and has been for quite some time - behind the Stones.

U2 sells more records, Stones sell more tickets. If that's the case strictly then U2 reaches more people. But that's picking weeds between cement cracks there.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: February 21, 2008 19:32

I'm a way bigger Stones fan but these days, U2 is more relevant, for better or for worse.

Date: February 21, 2008 19:37

I think relevance can be compared, in a way, to a tree falling in a forest. With the Stones, it's not that did anyone hear the tree fall and if they didn't did the tree fall or not - it's the tree did fall, it fell whether anyone was around to hear it or not, there is no changing that fact and so be it.

And by no means to do I mean The Fall Of The Rolling Stones.

It's just that the Stones are going to do what they do and that is that. Relevance is a moot point. Do or do not. That's what it's all about now.

Posted by: Max Volume!!! ()
Date: February 21, 2008 22:10

Both? hell, yeah!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1192
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home