Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones luuuurrve NYC !!??
Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: February 15, 2008 13:23

Hello all,

I'm Filip, from Belgium; a new (posting) user, 'though already familiar enough with the iorr-site and 'Tell Me'-forum. Great place to hang out!

My question to you all is this: the Stones have always had a special bond with the city of New York, right?? I was wondering: what places and/or sites in NYC can you think of that, either symbolicaly or historicaly linked with a specific 'momentum', are representative to this special relationship??!

Let's talk the doorstep in the "Waiting on a friend" video, 'the corner of West 8th street & 6th Avenue', Madison Square Garden, ultimate stonesfans' bars ... Let's talk lyrics, hang-out places, concertvenues, recording studios, dope alleys, musicvideo scenes & -shots ... All that you can think of!! What (and how) makes NYC a special place for Stonespeople?!

... And yezzz, you probably guessed it: this summer I'm spending a 2-week holiday in the Big Apple. Gonna be my first visit there! But please don't feel 'used'; I think (hope) this topic has what it takes: someething in it for àll of you.

Looking forward to your replies!

Maximum Stonesgreetz-
Filip.

Re: Stones luuuurrve NYC !!??
Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: February 15, 2008 15:22

The Stones also love London, Toronto, Paris, Buenos Aires, Amsterdam, Stockholm. Everyone of these are their favourite city but only when they are playing a gig there.

John Nicholls

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 15, 2008 16:09

Well, I've heard and read that the Waiting On A Friend stoop scene is the building that is on the cover of Led Zep's Physical Graffiti.

Then there's the, what? Chrysler Building in the Anybody Seen My Baby? video with Keith on the gargoyle...

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: February 15, 2008 18:24

I have to say, I love the Stones and I love NYC but I don't really connect the two all that much. I know 3/4 had NY houses in the late 70's/early 80's but then they have places all over. Even SG's (their so called New York album) was largely recorded in Paris, right? At the end of the day, despite the tax dodges, they are a British band in content, style and humour and 3/4 are basically based here (just don't tell the Revenue!)

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: February 15, 2008 19:42

Well Keith Richards met his wife in New York and she's from Staten Island New York...so his kids are half New Yawkers......!

PECMAN

Posted by: McCartney ()
Date: February 15, 2008 19:50

Filip020169
Hello all,

I'm Filip, from Belgium; a new (posting) user, 'though already familiar enough with the iorr-site and 'Tell Me'-forum. Great place to hang out!

My question to you all is this: the Stones have always had a special bond with the city of New York, right?? I was wondering: what places and/or sites in NYC can you think of that, either symbolicaly or historicaly linked with a specific 'momentum', are representative to this special relationship??!

Let's talk the doorstep in the "Waiting on a friend" video, 'the corner of West 8th street & 6th Avenue', Madison Square Garden, ultimate stonesfans' bars ... Let's talk lyrics, hang-out places, concertvenues, recording studios, dope alleys, musicvideo scenes & -shots ... All that you can think of!! What (and how) makes NYC a special place for Stonespeople?!

... And yezzz, you probably guessed it: this summer I'm spending a 2-week holiday in the Big Apple. Gonna be my first visit there! But please don't feel 'used'; I think (hope) this topic has what it takes: someething in it for àll of you.

Looking forward to your replies!

Maximum Stonesgreetz-
Filip.

96 St Marks Place I believe is where they shot the 'Waiting on a Friend' video.
It's on the Lower East side, very cool street in general. Enjoy your stay in the greatest city in the world!

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: February 15, 2008 20:59

Yes, I think they do love New York City

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 15, 2008 21:03

NYC?
Check out recent in venues thread

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: February 15, 2008 23:48

NYC is their favorite city

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home