Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Where's Paul McCartney?
Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: February 16, 2010 02:28

Huh? I LOVE The Stones.

But I do not like nor understand the beetels

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 16, 2010 02:49

mickscarey
Huh? I LOVE The Stones.

The only thing you love is pressing people's buttons. You have little or nothing to say about the Rolling Stones. The vast majority of your posts are found on Beatles-related threads, and appear to be the writing of a not very bright child.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-16 04:42 by tatters.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 16, 2010 03:27

mickscarey
Huh? I LOVE The Stones.

Then why act like an autistic troll and hijack every thread that mentions them?

Either do the same with EVERY off-topic thread or simply avoid them. It should be easy to do going by the title.

Doing the same crap with one band over and over is evidence of a bizarre obsession. You're not amusing or even annoying. Just embarrassing.

The ironic thing is that your posts do the opposite of what you're attempting - by provoking responses it keeps the thread at the top of the board.

For someone who's apparently a Stones fan,a quick glance at your post history shows that you've barely made a coherent post relating to their music. 90% of the time, you're posting about an act you dont like or dont 'understand'. (You're not alone there, though)

mickscarey
Hey, I find him and the beetles boring. do not understand why SO many people on this STONES site are so interested. Why not go to a beetles site?

Why not go to a grammar site?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-16 03:36 by Gazza.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: February 16, 2010 08:44

whitem8 that was an excellent jab followed by a heavy right cross...then when the opponent drops, u kick him in the balls.

u know what i call that?
beautiful baby.

me i listen to more old stones and hardly much beatles personally but am amazed at their wonderfulness when i hear them...blah blah...the stones would not have broken big, maybe not at all, without Lennon. and that goes for every other uk invasion band, and probably dear Van from Ireland as well. imo.

keith's tribute to george in rs memorial issue was so lovely, moving, heart rending.
peeps have their heads up their asses, but that's the draw in modern culture.
i mean sports and wars and politics all staged as gun fights..and such...
it makes the morons sleeply and safe...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 16, 2010 09:01

Beely, you are hilarious! Good post from you as well. Yes, I really loved Keith's write up tribute to George. Beautiful, and humble. They were guitar brothers. Keith was into the fab. I also loved the quote someone put from Keith about John, and how he missed him and often thought of him when he was playing piano. Great stuff, and again shows their love for each other.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 16, 2010 09:18

It looks like my second post was removed. But thanks Beely:-)

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 16, 2010 10:48

KR's acoustic version is superb. Macca is cojonudo

Date: February 16, 2010 23:31

whitem8
It looks like my second post was removed. But thanks Beely:-)

hawww; ty. BV has his ways as editor in chief. he da man.

Date: February 16, 2010 23:50

i know exactly where Paul is.

it's Waldo i'm worrying about.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 22, 2018 15:29

He was in Liverpool recently and this made a grown man cry : [www.youtube.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 22, 2018 15:35

gotdablouse
He was in Liverpool recently and this made a grown man cry : [www.youtube.com]
Thanks for reminding me, I gotta watch this at some point.

Posted by: samMuc ()
Date: June 22, 2018 15:49

The video is great and it gets absolutely brilliant starting at 16:00 grinning smiley

Date: June 22, 2018 16:10

Yeah that Carpool Karaoke, wow !
- welled up for most of it and as early as Penny Lane, so much stuff going on, my dad's old 45s, remembering listening to it to death on Beatles Ballads as an 11 year old in 1981
- getting to see Paul in the "raw", seemingly affected by nothing, but in a good way, takes everything in his stride, which given the life he's lead is probably a good thing !
- an absolute legend starting to look frail outside of the stage...
A few SNAFUs :
- at 16:46 the surprised moose looking guy is in fact Paul's main bodyguard
- at 19:51 Paul never drinks on stage, not even a sip during his three hour shows ;-)

Again, the link [www.youtube.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 22, 2018 16:23

Thanks for that!!
Was just in Liverpool after the Manchester show, hitting all the sights in the video including the Philharmonic. Probably didn't miss this taping by much..

Amazing for those fans!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 22, 2018 16:40

gotdablouse
Yeah that Carpool Karaoke, wow !
- welled up for most of it and as early as Penny Lane, so much stuff going on, my dad's old 45s, remembering listening to it to death on Beatles Ballads as an 11 year old in 1981
- getting to see Paul in the "raw", seemingly affected by nothing, but in a good way, takes everything in his stride, which given the life he's lead is probably a good thing !
- an absolute legend starting to look frail outside of the stage...
A few SNAFUs :
- at 16:46 the surprised moose looking guy is in fact Paul's main bodyguard
- at 19:51 Paul never drinks on stage, not even a sip during his three hour shows ;-)

Again, the link [www.youtube.com]

I knew that. I think he is really rather stupid for taking this stance. I've seen him live 6 times, all in 2015 & 16 and a few gulps of water from time time would surely help him. Our Mick must drink about a gallon of water on stage in a 2 hour show whereas Macca won't even have a sip in 2 hours 45 minutes. No Keith 2 song break either and he plays a musical instrument as well as sings in every single song and he usually does 38-40 of them.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 22, 2018 17:09

Wow, I can't believe how great that video is. Combined with the 2 new songs it's been an amazing week, and all free on YouTube. Totally get the late show host (forgot his name) getting teary eyed. Proves how important the music has been to so many people (still)!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 22, 2018 17:39

Loved this bit! But must admit, toward the end I was imagining my local bar (if it had a jukebox), throwing a quarter in, selecting Rocks Off and a curtain opening... grinning smiley

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: June 22, 2018 18:29

That was really well done.
Going to be hard to top this episode.
I think getting Mick to do this would be the only way to top this one!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 22, 2018 20:33

This video really struck a chord with me. I became a Beatles Fan at 4 years old in 1967 and this really sums it up for me in 2018. We're on a Stones Fansite so it's a little hard to gush over The Beatles, suppose it's understood. Thanks for your patience with me. I love The Stone too, very much! But please don't ever make me choose in public. We're all friends of music I think.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 22, 2018 21:17

Holiday

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 22, 2018 21:42

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 22, 2018 21:45

frankotero
This video really struck a chord with me. I became a Beatles Fan at 4 years old in 1967 and this really sums it up for me in 2018. We're on a Stones Fansite so it's a little hard to gush over The Beatles, suppose it's understood. Thanks for your patience with me. I love The Stone too, very much! But please don't ever make me choose in public. We're all friends of music I think.

smileys with beer

"Even if you sometimes have to take a stand, there’s nothing wrong with loving both sides of the divide."

Date: June 22, 2018 21:49

frankotero

I watched it all and loved it. Macca is so natural and very much a people person. I believe he still visits Liverpool often. I became a Beatles fan in 1973, at the age of 6 and a Stones fan at the age of 9. I love them both and I celebrate that we’ve had them both to enjoy and I know many others feel the same way. Last Friday in Cardiff I was talking with people around me and we all loved music and were talking about all sorts of current stuff such as Fleetwood Mac’s inexplicable firing of Lindsey Buckingham. My No 1 band will always be the Stones but I like a lot of other stuff too.

Date: June 22, 2018 22:07

spikenyc

Didn't I read here that the Stones turned it down or something ? Not sure how well it would work with Mick who's so guarded...

Macca was wow, so "natural" for lack of a better word, when you think of what his life has been and this ability he's had/has to somehow share it with the fans but especially today, words, smiles, stories (in the house especially, more details on the tired old "yes, yes, yes" vs "yeah, yeah, yeah", the bog, etc...) and of course the music. It put me in a strange emotional maelstrom...and to think it's going to end sooner rather than later, phew...

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-22 22:08 by gotdablouse.

Date: June 22, 2018 22:10

gotdablouse
spikenyc

Didn't I read here that the Stones turned it down or something ? Not sure how well it would work with Mick who's so guarded...

Macca was wow, so "natural" for lack of a better word, when you think of what his life has been and this ability he's had/has to somehow share it with the fans but especially today, words, smiles, stories (in the house especially, more details on the tired old "yes, yes, yes" vs "yeah, yeah, yeah", the bog, etc...) and of course the music. It put me in a strange emotional maelstrom...and to think it's going to end sooner rather than later, phew...

It would be especially tricky with Charlie.

Ummm, He can’t drive grinning smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 23, 2018 01:25

This is a thread from 2010. Please DO NOT mess up IORR by waking up ages old threads.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home