Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

US MONO STICKY FINGERS--Straycat58
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: December 18, 2007 13:04

Straycat58 wwrote:

>One question: I'm sure you have in your collection the Sticky Mono white label; >would you be so kind to write me the matrix of that record? At the moment the >only difference I noted versus the stereo is the absence of the STEREO writing >but this doesn't necessary mean that it's Mono. Would like to have more elements >by the matrix number.
>As per the stereo, can you confirm that there are only two labels (half tongue >and complete tongue logo?).
>Anyway, whatever you know about the Sticky white labels, I will apreciate to >learn it.

One can also look at the order number at the bottom of the record, just above the Atco address. Stereo promos will always have ST RS before the number, Monos, only RS (without the ST --for Stereo). Mono matrix #'s: RS-13653-A / RS 13654-A. Again, same diference in Stereo records in matrices. Stereo always start with ST-RS, but there are several different matrices numbers with Stereo promos. Mono has partial tongue on label, stereo promos can have partial Tongue, full tongue or NO tongue....hope this helps. See photos

Stereo label

Mono label

JR

Re: US MONO STICKY FINGERS--Straycat58
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: December 18, 2007 13:39

Great! Tks for the explanation. Hope to find a copy; it surfaces once in a year.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 18, 2007 20:53

Stones-relics, can you say if the mix is significantly or in anyway different between the stereo and mono versions?

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: December 19, 2007 13:59

Wow! what is it, can you put it on your Ipod? looks kinda big?

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: December 19, 2007 16:54

Just a standard mono mix....very different from the stereo. Not as shocking as say, Mono Bleed or Mono Beggars, but still, very interesting. Just darker, and bassier. Songs like Brown Sugar and Bitch are quite good, as they were the versions we were used to from AM radio, back in the day, but with stereo equipment, I prefer those in stereo. On the other hand, it works GREAT on Sister Morphine, as its such a dark tune...Sway is interesting as well, as its mix is as its hard hitting, much like the stereo Exile mix, with the WALL of Sound impact. I generally play the UK stereo version, when I listen to it, but its such a rare record, its cool just to have, as a diversion, once in a while.

JR

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 25, 2007 12:05

What's the market value of this, give or take a quid or two?

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: December 25, 2007 13:34

John, one question related to Have you seen LP.
Some collectors state that the Mono version Decca Made in UK for export exists.
I never seen it and not even the pix of the label. You have this record or can you confirm it exists?

By the way, regarding the post of Cosmic Christmas and the link posted, I confirm that I've seen and touched the Promotional Satanic with the silk small cloth replacing the 3D pix. It's in one of my friends huge collection, and I've a scan of that cover.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 25, 2007 14:57

straycat58 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> John, one question related to Have you seen LP.
> Some collectors state that the Mono version Decca
> Made in UK for export exists.
> I never seen it and not even the pix of the label.
> You have this record or can you confirm it
> exists?
>
> By the way, regarding the post of Cosmic Christmas
> and the link posted, I confirm that I've seen and
> touched the Promotional Satanic with the silk
> small cloth replacing the 3D pix. It's in one of
> my friends huge collection, and I've a scan of
> that cover.

RE: Satanic Silk Sleeve
Please share the scan, I'd love to see that!!!!!

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: December 27, 2007 13:17

YES: Please, share that scan!!! Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home