Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: 2 LETTERMAN Ultra Classics - Crispin Glover/Nastassja Kinski
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 26, 2007 07:19

Since the Writers strike is still going strong here's 2 of the most famous bits in the History of the show:

GRISPIN GLOVER (on Acid?) almost kicks Letterman in the face with his giant black platform shoes. Magically Crispin is prematurely gone after the commercial break is over and the show resumes (what a surprise, where'd he go?)

NASTASSJA KINSKI shows up on Letterman with a rather interesting hair style (about a foot of hair standing straight up - Wow, I PERSONALLY had no problem with it at all - Nastassia was "All Good" as usual IMHO). Letterman can't leave it be which bugs Ms Kinski to no end. Supposedly she broke down in tears after the taping was over. She could have cried all over Helter if it would have eased the pain or whatever - no problemo what so ever !! Always here to help and take
the pain away.....

Re: OT: 2 LETTERMAN Ultra Classics - Crispin Glover/Nastassja Kinski
Date: November 26, 2007 09:25

So what do you guys/gals think? Good stuff or what....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 26, 2007 10:50

Hey Helter ... what about the Tom Waits interviews on Letterman..

The trip to the music store with the kids..The horse
that did art work on the stable door......Hey YEAH all good dry humour..

ROCKMAN

Date: November 26, 2007 11:12

I didn't catch that one ROCK, gotta do a search on Tommy boy. I think I have seen him on Letterman but it was a normal appearence if I recall, no extra gags or anything.... The other stand out I recall was Dylan on a special Letterman anniversary show and he was shitfaced, tried to sing LIKE A ROLLING STONE, Tried, he was so gone, that was years ago, have it on video somewhere.....

Date: November 26, 2007 21:03

Bump (and Grind)

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 26, 2007 21:46

Coincidentally, I just watched that interview with Nastassja Kinski (aka Nasty Kinki) about two weeks ago as I had just read Tess, and watched the film for the first time. She is extraordinarily beautiful, however she was acting like a little freak in this interview and I was somewhat turned off. She's trying to act all cool and aloof and ends up coming off as a stupid little brat, if she cried after the interview I think it's probably because of that, as I don't think that is her true personality. But she was VERY young then (19?), too young to know that she shouldn't be dating Roman Polanski hahaha.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: November 26, 2007 22:28

Dear Cindy, it's a mixture of genes and images. Her father Klaus Kinski is probably the most interesting and exciting German actor ever - a really strange person who could do a lyrics reading (including a monologue insulting Jesus and the audience alike) to a filled 10,000 seater like the Deutschlandhalle in Berlin (the Stones played there) ALONE. All Kinski children have suffered more than profited from that heritage.
She was (barebreasted) everybody's (even the girls I knew then liked her) darling when she seduced her teacher in her first tv appearance but probably got lost later on when turning away from Germany to become a serious actress (she didn't succeed like Romy Schneider did). She might have corrected her image with Paris/Texas (though a boring movie, even considering the music - if you have the early Cooder lps...) . But I haven't heard or read of her since ages, she must be Mrs-Somebody-Else now.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 26, 2007 23:10

She married or was living with Quincy Jones, the music producer and had a couple of kids with him,probably teenagers now. Last I saw of her was about 5 years ago in a made-for-tv Disney type movie with Timothy Dalton.

I am aware of Klaus Kinski's reputation, but have never seen any of his performances that I can remember apart from in Dr. Zhivago. One of my German friends told me a story that Klaus had to move out because he didn't trust himself around Nastassja as she was so beautiful. I don't know if it's true that he said that though. I was definitely captured by her beauty in Tess though, she was stunning.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: November 27, 2007 00:23

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-31 06:21 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 27, 2007 02:09

Well Klaus Kinski was a common face in Herzog films and was notoriously difficult to work with. An immensely talented man who was a huge prima donna. In fact during the filming of Fitzcarldo (the roll Mick was to have, but dropped out of) Herzog threatened to kill Klaus! There is a great interview with Herzog in the recent issue of Empire magazine where he recalls working with Klaus.

Klaus was also the humpback in either Fist Full of Dollars or For A Few Dollars More...I can't recall which one, but the classic scene where Lee Van Clef's character lights the match on Klaus' hump back light his pipe...great scene!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-27 02:23 by whitem8.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: November 27, 2007 02:29

whitem8, it was in 'For a Few Dollars More'

Date: November 27, 2007 03:07

AHH! Thanks:-)

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 10, 2007 12:03

i just came across this link and had to comment on crispin. i LOVED him in river's edge but don't know much about his acting otherwise. i felt he should've been in more movies.

it appears this character he plays on letterman is from a movie - a bunch of the clips are on you tube but it appears he's ressurecting the character to promote his newest movie via someone else's you tube show...check out his new movie's trailer at the end of the "interview"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-10 12:04 by little queenie.

Date: December 10, 2007 15:38

Wow, Queenie, that clip is just TOO effing weird..... WTF is that crazy boy up to?? I agree, he was GREAT in River's Edge but seems to not be around much anymore (besides this clip). He had a very small, disjointed part in David Lynch's WILD AT HEART but it was really stupid, probably should have been cut out (like about 20% more footage in that sometimes brilliant, sometimes silly/stupid could-have-been-great film) No where as good as BLUE VELVET IMHO.......

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 10, 2007 16:34

whitem8 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well Klaus Kinski was a common face in Herzog
> films and was notoriously difficult to work with.
> An immensely talented man who was a huge prima
> donna. In fact during the filming of Fitzcarldo
> (the roll Mick was to have, but dropped out of)
> Herzog threatened to kill Klaus! There is a great
> interview with Herzog in the recent issue of
> Empire magazine where he recalls working with
> Klaus.
>

Here's a scene of Fitzcarraldo with both, Mick Jagger and Klaus Kinski - you can see who nailed it.
(sry, Mick)

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: December 10, 2007 16:52

little queenie Wrote:
> i just came across this link and had to comment on
> crispin. i LOVED him in river's edge but don't
> know much about his acting otherwise. i felt he
> should've been in more movies.
>
> it appears this character he plays on letterman is
> from a movie - a bunch of the clips are on you
> tube but it appears he's ressurecting the
> character to promote his newest movie via someone
> else's you tube show...check out his new movie's
> trailer at the end of the "interview"
>
>

> =related

Thanks little queenie......I've always wondered what happened to Crispin Glover

Date: December 10, 2007 18:41

Lukester, ain't you STILL WONDERING after seeing that clip? He must have really made some serious mula from the BACK TO THE FUTURE films cause I don't know what else he's done that would have really paid well......

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: December 10, 2007 18:53

Wasn't he a villain in a couple of the Charlie's Angels movies? Not a big enought role to demand $Millions, but at least enough to pay his mortgage for a couple of years and still buy whatever drugs he appears to always be jacked up on.

Oh my. I hope I'm not being too disrespectful!

Date: December 10, 2007 19:29

well, it's not exactly like dissin' BRANDO or anything - lol - we're talkin' Crispin Glover and his big black platform shoes here....

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 10, 2007 23:34

open-g Wrote:
> whitem8 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >> Here's a scene of Fitzcarraldo with both, Mick
> Jagger and Klaus Kinski - you can see who nailed
> it.
> (sry, Mick)
>
>

interesting - but poor mick wasn't really given the opportunity to expand his character in this scene...

Date: December 10, 2007 23:50

I guess it's near impossible to upstage Kinski in that movie.

on the other hand - it'd be the same if Kinski tried to be the Rolling Stones frontman.
*ouch*

Date: December 10, 2007 23:59

He wouldn't do too well, the man has been dead for years and years.....

Date: December 11, 2007 01:23

hmm....now you got me thinkin' - you have a point there...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 11, 2007 02:47

Is that McFly ?

Date: December 11, 2007 04:06

Yeah, That IS McFly (what was his first name? Added later: GEORGE, George Mcfly it was) About as "normal" as Crispin ever gets is when he plays McFly. Yo Koen, was he in all 3 "BACK TO THE FUTURES" ? I was wondering cause I'm trying to figure out where he got a lot of his money from...He was also in RIVER'S EDGE but that was kind of an INDIE film so the pay could not have been sky high.... Maybe he does voices for all these cartoons that come out these days, I don't see any (no kids) so don't have a clue.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-11 13:59 by HelterSkelter.

Date: December 11, 2007 04:28

No he is only in the first one, and was the best thing in the movie! His parts are hilarious, especially when he thinks the alien is visiting him. Great stuff. And yes, he was the villan in the Charlie Angles films, and is killed at the end of the second one (has a fetish around hair). Also starred in Willard, and he played Andy Warhol in Oliver Stone's The Doors.
He also just recently completed his long time film project that he made himself 2005's What is It?, that stars only dwarves and down syndrom actors. Oh and he had a cameo role in Wild at Heart, he was the strange guy who liked to put cockroaches on his butt hole. Strange man indeed.

Date: December 11, 2007 14:00

Only in America can you make some major bucks from a film career like his....

Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: December 11, 2007 18:16

I remember that exchange when Glover tried to kick a field goal with Dave's head .. the other one that comes to mind was when Andy Kaufman was wrestling and came on with his neck brace after being destroyed by some pro wrestler and the guy nailed him again during the interview.

JIm

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: December 11, 2007 18:18

One of my favorite Letterman's was from the 1980's when Hunter S. Thmpson was on........excellent......Hunter was definitely high...

Date: December 11, 2007 18:24

Hunter kinda had a COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN if memory serves correctly...a bit shakey

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home