Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Depp to play Dillinger - Keith as a Gangster?
Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: December 7, 2007 15:32

Apparently, Johhny Depp has been signed to play the infamous gangster John Dillinger in an upcoming film.
I wonder if there is a part for Keith in the movie. He'd play a pretty good gangster, one would think.
Filming includes scenes being shot in Chicago this spring.

Re: Depp to play Dillinger - Keith as a Gangster?
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 7, 2007 16:03

This time he should play Johnny's Mom.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: December 7, 2007 18:36

The Dillinger movie with Warren Oates and the beautiful Native American woman whose name escapes me is one of my favorite films...

*And 3D - Thema is very popular!

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: December 7, 2007 19:26

I wish Johnny D. would take a break from all these super alternate ego type characters he kinda hides behind (Pirates, Chocolate Factory guy, Scissorhands Dude, Ed Wood, etc, etc) and just play a more normal character like the guy in BLOW and NINTH GATE. He's gonna get stuck in the some weird "Cartoon World" one of these times and not gonna be able to come back to Reality Ville. A shame that will be cause then I'll have to seize his Girl Friend/Wife, place in France, and Island that he owns in the Caribbean.... all the while he'll be watching from the other side of the looking glass and crying (calm down Johnny Boy, you still have the Viper Room on Sunset, not all will be lost)... private jet's mine too.....

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: December 7, 2007 20:22

He played an excellent Hunter S. Thompson......I don't see him getting pigeon holed into cartoon characters, though.

Remember that writer character he played in Secret Window was interesting.

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: December 8, 2007 13:38

Lukester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He played an excellent Hunter S. Thompson......I
> don't see him getting pigeon holed into cartoon
> characters, though.
>
> Remember that writer character he played in Secret
> Window was interesting.

I guess one could argue, that HST WAS himself a cartoon character to some degree ;-)

Other than that - I'm with you on this one. Depp is such a brilliant actor - he can do and play anything and anybody ;-)

Ohh...and re the original post - Charlie Watts would be brilliantly cast as a gangster - he already has the suits. Was he or was he not approached to play a part in "The Sopranos"? Anybody knows?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-08 13:40 by mofur.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 8, 2007 14:21

Johnny Depp seems to be the only person who can actually take Keith for a ride in the movie-bizz.

I hope he does so.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home