Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Plexiglass
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 3, 2010 04:31

Perhaps this will get timbernardis posting again.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but really, what is the purpose of the plexiglass?

I'm assuming it has to do with sound, but I wonder if it has more than one purpose other than a convenient place to put up a set list.

Does it insulate Charlie from the rest of the sound onstage, or does it accentuate the sound coming from Charlie & his drum kit, or both?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh, and BTW:

Re: The Plexiglass
Posted by: polythene sam ()
Date: February 3, 2010 04:34

It keeps the drums from bleeding into the other mics onstage.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: February 3, 2010 04:43

they're also used when the drums are too loud.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 3, 2010 10:09

Hey Tim, where and how are you?

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: February 3, 2010 10:43

polythene sam
It keeps the drums from bleeding into the other mics onstage.

And vice versa.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 3, 2010 12:16

Yes,TIM where are you ?smiling smiley

I've read somewhere that Charlie has been reading set lists from plexiglass boards since 1977 .Was it that early ?confused smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 3, 2010 12:21

SwayStones
Yes,TIM where are you ?smiling smiley

I saw him logged in here the other day, so he's still watching.

Date: February 3, 2010 12:42

On this video ,you can see that Winston eventually put a panel of plexiglass around him .
There were alternate theories at the time. One was that the barrier offered
some protection from flying shards of drumsticks as Winston was wont to
produce.

But the most likely was the influence of the Stones. The barrier appeared
right after Bob had played with the Stones and they had one. It's mostly to block reverberation in big venues so the drummer can better
hear himself without the sound bouncing back at him

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: February 3, 2010 15:53

...respect for the plexiglass.

Date: February 4, 2010 18:29

Any comments on Winston plexiglass ?( waiting for yours,Tim ...cool smiley)

I attented to a Stones show in 1995 with Dylan singing (or actually trying to sing grinning smiley ) Like a Rolling Stone with Jagger .
Was it the reason why the" barrier " appeared right after Bob had "played" with the Stones ?

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: February 4, 2010 18:56

here I thought we were talking about my Guitar ...

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 4, 2010 19:24

So did I Ed!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 4, 2010 19:32

plexiglass rules .so many times at the concerts i would not look so as not to spoil the surprise!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 4, 2010 19:37

The Greek
plexiglass rules .so many times at the concerts i would not look so as not to spoil the surprise!

there are suprises at their concerts? oh, right - what lisa is wearing that night...didn't realize that was listed on the plexiglass....

Date: February 4, 2010 19:43

T&A
The Greek

there are suprises at their concerts? oh, right - what lisa is wearing that night...didn't realize that was listed on the plexiglass....
one time at foxboro 9/20/06 during the band intros when mick inroduced ms lisa fisher ,i yelled show us your ta ta's.you can imagine the reaction i got from those close by to me ?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 4, 2010 19:45

The Greek
T&A
The Greek

one time at foxboro 9/20/06 during the band intros when mick inroduced ms lisa fisher ,i yelled show us your ta ta's.you can imagine the reaction i got from those close by to me ?

you got shown the ta-ta's from those close by? maybe you shoulda been more specific in your request....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 4, 2010 19:45

Looks like they could bother to clean it actually...

Date: February 4, 2010 20:34

T&A
The Greek
T&A
The Greek

no such luck

you got shown the ta-ta's from those close by? maybe you shoulda been more specific in your request....

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 4, 2010 21:21

EG that's a cool picture.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 22, 2010 22:29

OK, just to let you all know, I am out here and alive, just been preoccupied with a world of things. I appreciate the sentiment and remind you all that THE PLEXIGLASS, whatever its audio functions on stage, is primarily a spritual force and being and for that reason compels, nay demands, your continued belief and allegiance.

plexi

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 22, 2010 22:31

Its for sound, and recording reasons, and the set list fits nicely...cool smiley

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: February 22, 2010 22:40

timbernardis
OK, just to let you all know, I am out here and alive, just been preoccupied with a world of things. I appreciate the sentiment and remind you all that THE PLEXIGLASS, whatever its audio functions on stage, is primarily a spritual force and being and for that reason compels, nay demands, your continued belief and allegiance.

plexi

nice to have you back, tim

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 22, 2010 23:52

timbernardis

plexi

Good to see ya posting again, Tim.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: February 23, 2010 00:06

timbernardis
I am out here and alive, just been preoccupied with a world of things.

I have long theorized the existence of such a world. Were you welcomed as a guest, or did the things force you into captivity?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 23, 2010 00:09

I was wondering if you had left us, timbernardis.
Hope what's going on is good for you and the fam.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 25, 2010 00:59

cirrhosis
timbernardis

I have long theorized the existence of such a world. Were you welcomed as a guest, or did the things force you into captivity?

as one of the Christian Brothers used to say (religious teaching order), I did not choose, I was chosen.

plexi

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: February 25, 2010 04:47

timbernardis
I did not choose, I was chosen.

I reach, brother. I reach.

Date: February 25, 2010 11:13

timbernardis
cirrhosis
timbernardis

as one of the Christian Brothers used to say (religious teaching order), I did not choose, I was chosen.

plexi

Ahhh...I can see things are getting even worse ,Tim (I am kidding )

Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: February 25, 2010 13:44

i think it is cute that beside before they make me run it has KR. as if they might forget or something.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: February 27, 2010 00:14

Wow! i feel left out! Hello everybody i missed you! You too, tim i've been around though

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home