Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Welcome to da steel wheels show !
Posted by: chippy ()
Date: November 23, 2007 22:08

2 times in a row opening in philly , everything was stones that weekend
A piper plane pulled this banner over Veterans Stadium most of the afternoon, what a cool site that was from da hotel room window .

that 1st show morning went up to stadium to see what was going on , their was tv satellite trucks all over the place ,my friend even gave a interview to a Japanese tv station .
i went over to a cop & asked him if he heard da stones playin today , he said " they been playin all week but not in the Vet in JFK where da stones had another steel stage set up

By mid afternoon da paparazzi with their zoom lenses were everywhere , circus like atmosphere for sure
, even da holy rollers or as Elton John would say " Jesus freaks out in da streets " did their thing also.
here's a fold out pamphlet they were passin out

had floor 5th row center seats that 1st nite & that's the most " camera cats " i have ever seen down in the pit takin press pics those 1st few songs , im guessin about 200 of um

Opener Goodbyes

great camera shots here of " da guitarist with da golden arm "
Please Play Loud & a lil slower Keef
so turn your volume UP UP UP UP UP

Re: Welcome to da steel wheels show !
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 23, 2007 22:34

thank you Chippy!!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 23, 2007 22:41

Great Chippy, thanx!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 24, 2007 01:45

woooooooo!!!!!!!!, great version man, just makes u want to have the whole show on dvd, excellent, keiths guitar is loud like the dallas 89 show

Posted by: jagbo ()
Date: November 24, 2007 03:11

Thanks again on this site, Chippy.

the Texas Rangers SW show was my second (Stones) show - I believe I'll watch that one tonight.

That was a super tour - shows long enough to play the war horses and feature the album they were on tour in support of. One of my favorite boots has always been Seventh of July Urban Jungle if just for the psychedelic set and the MR on that one it rivals Brussels as best boot.

Few beers, etc. and back into '89 I go tonight.

Posted by: EalingClub ()
Date: November 24, 2007 03:38

Hard to believe that was more than 18 years ago. Saw several shows on that tour...great memories.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 24, 2007 03:43

Great, Chippy - you make it come alive.
feels like yesterday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home