Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tonight - 1 Year Anniversary of Beacon II -- your memories and comments?
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 1, 2007 15:53

thanks

plexi

Re: Tonight - 1 Year Anniversary of Beacon II -- your memories and comments?
Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: November 1, 2007 16:01

A great night....had the honor of meeting Albert Maysles as soon as i walked in and chatted with him for about 5 minutes...i was lucky enough to go to both shows and Nov 1st was the better show IMO..{don't get me wrong, they were both great} because of the crowd...the real crowd was there....just amazing to see them at the beacon and be so close in a small venue...a memory i will never forget

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: November 1, 2007 16:13

I was just thinking about that this morning. It's been a long, difficult year, but the memories of the show are amazing, esp. the "Some Girls" material--perfect for autumn in New York Citaaaaaayyyyy.

Through the kindness of a friend who works with them, I was spirited into the backstage area during the final bows and left the gig in a van with Lisa, Bernard and Daryl. My head was spinning and I got a kick out of hearing how long and draining the rehearsals for the Beacon shows had been.

I went to the show emotionally prepared for it to be my last visit with the Stones. Thank God the show isn't over yet...

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: November 1, 2007 17:06

I was also fortunate to go to both shows and they were both phenomenal. I remember the excitement, knowing the Stones were rehearsing some 20 blocks from my apartment, building up before the concert. The shows were amazing and the ambiance for the 2nd night was - agreed- much wilder. Cherry on the top, I got to meet Steven Van Zandt at the end of the concert and he was nice enough to let me take a picture with him.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: November 1, 2007 18:20

2nd best show of the tour after RCMH, i was down the front at beacon II it was much better than the first show, but the show at RCMH was superior.

OLDKR

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 1, 2007 18:36

Honestly that whole event was surreal. There was such a buzz in the air about seeing the Stones play at such a small venue. Its one thing to hear 70,000 people singing every word to a song like Satisfaction… but to hear 1500 people scream every word to a rarely played song like Connection was so amazing. Everyone was so into it. I am glad there is a movie coming out of that show cause I still can’t believe I was there and can’t believe the songs I heard them play, its almost like it never happened.

For me, it was a dream come true to see them at such a small venue. In 2002, I was so let down that I couldn’t get tickets for any of the small venues. I tried NY, Boston, Philly and even Chicago and nothing. I can’t even tell you how upset I was and wasn’t about to spend $4,000 from a scalper.. So when I got this ticket I was in shock, however I was so nervous when they postponed the show by a night. Was almost relieved when they took the stage that night.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: November 1, 2007 20:24

I too was at Beacon 2 and it was an unreal experience. The RCMH show was just unreal, I think my all time Stones highlight ever had to be the SFTD number which just blows anything out of the water. They could not have filmed that to capture what the eye saw, Keith walking up one side of the wall, Mick the other, Woodie center stage pointing his axe at us and Charlie just banging the bleep out of the drums. I still get goosbumps listening to that song. I'm really looking forward to the Shine A lIght movie, I know Martin will give us an incredible film from two awesome nights.

oldkr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2nd best show of the tour after RCMH, i was down
> the front at beacon II it was much better than the
> first show, but the show at RCMH was superior.
>
> OLDKR

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 1, 2007 22:12

the thrill of getting in the first show last minute made it my favorite.

lots of stress with the postponement and some disappointment that it didn't take place on halloween.

the weather was better on the night of the 2nd show - no freezing wind.

also, it was great to see buddy guy's opening act since i missed it the first show. it was great how he walked into the crowd and mingled while signing.

memories of the 2nd one - it was my first time hearing "loving cup" live (although it was with jack white). i was lucky enough to hear it again in atlantic city.

lots of celebrities. although i had 2nd row loge, i was distracted by the fact that my view was obstructed by some teenagers who didn't seem that interested in the show but were interested in watching me in amazment because i was the only person in my area dancing. ugh. there is such a big difference between first and 2nd row...

fun/interesting scene after the show at the bar. i think i was smart enough to take a cab back to brooklyn (instead of the train which i did after the first show).

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: November 1, 2007 22:42

my only comment is -

hasnt it gone quick?... at least i think...
wasnt there but seems like yesterday when it was being done..

Dog

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 1, 2007 23:08

Memories.

- Hanging out in my friend's apt while IORRing worried that the show might not happen.
- Meeting up (late of course) with Paulywaul, Beast & Siobhan before the show. - Enjoying everyone laughing at Paul carrying around the huge inflated palm trees.
- Waiting out front talking and laughing with the NYC cops.
- Meeting the cute probie fireman from "Rescue Me", what a cutie, and very nice too.
- Looking around for familar IORR faces and not seeing many. Glanced Drake & BV from a distance.
- CELEBRITIES everywhere: Christy Turlington dancing next to hubby Ed Burns, Princess Lee Radziwell. Can't remember too many right now, brain freeze.
- Getting to meet Patti Hansen & telling her how happy I am that she and Keith are together since she was always my favorite model & he was always my favorite rockstar. Then she let me take her photo, and the kind of nervous pause she did right before I took the photo (like how do I pose naturally) was very endearing.
-The band comes on and it feels like a party rather than a concert.
- Awestruck to see Mick & Keith share a microphone and realizing the greatness of the moment WHILE IT WAS HAPPENING, then trying to tell the bouncers why it was so exciting & wonderful.
- Getting to sneak down to the floor level and was lucky enough to touch Mick when he walked by at the beginning of SFTD.
- Looking up at Patti & Alexandra when Keith was talking and see Alexandra with her hands up to her heart and just beaming at her dad, it was very sweet to see that he still touches even those closest to him.
- Show ends & go the the bar with Pauly, Siobhan, Beast, Little Queenie. Band members like Bernard & Blondie there as well as some Stones family.

Great exciting night, then had to drive back to Boston and work the next day.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 2, 2007 01:28

>your memories and comments?

Simple answer. For all the justifiable gripes about paying models to give a false impression of a Stones crowd and the highly dubious postponement of the AC show apparently due to (ahem).."overrehearsal" for the Beacon gigs, I'm still as envious as hell of all of you bastards who actually got in....

Posted by: BSORocks ()
Date: November 2, 2007 06:42

That's one crazy week I'll always remember. First hearing about the show for a month...and almost dying of anticipation. And then tickets going onsale, and of course not getting any. Then hearing about the shidoobee dealio, sending in a picture, getting a call...but got hung up on cuz i couldn't make one of the days.

Then, i felt like life is not fair.
Called up the next day and asked if they needed extras still...got in for the "halloween" show. Called my brother up in Binghamton to come down...only to read the next day that the show was cancelled.
Halloween I was really bummed out...went to a friend's house to watch some movies...got home at 3 AM to an email that said that my brother and I were back in for Wednesday's show. I called my brother and 4 AM and told him to jump on the first bus down to NYC...

we were placed op the stairs for buddy guy...but we sneaked down into the pit for the Stones. Boy am I glad we did that...made the show! 10 feet away! I was wiped out for a week after that.

Bring on Shine A Light, Martin! According to other posts, most of the performances are from 11/1smiling smiley

Posted by: 5string ()
Date: November 2, 2007 09:12

Photos anyone? Cheers!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 2, 2007 09:48

5string Wrote:
> Photos anyone?

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: 5string ()
Date: November 2, 2007 17:44

Thanks erikjjf! Am enjoying this and still got plenty to go. Cheers!

Posted by: spikey ()
Date: November 2, 2007 18:03

Great show. Wish my seats were a little better (I think that I was lucky enough to literally have purchased the very last seats in the house)! Glad to see Keith back to his old self, even sharing the mic with Mick for one special moment. Looking forward to Shine a Light.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 2, 2007 19:58

Didn't go so don't wanna @#$%&' talk about it....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: November 3, 2007 01:40

The Mick and Keith duet on Faraway Eyes was a stand-out for me, in an evening full of hightlights.
I was so fortunate to be there with with dear friends, old and new ones.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: November 3, 2007 03:06

i remember that i didn't get to see it. i remember that real well.
i remember hearing that it was mostly gonna be a concert movie after all and was thrilled. i remember checking out where all the Imax theatres on the west coast are so there's no way i'll miss it when it comes out.

i remember a whole lot of IORR's posting that the shows were total killers.
shiodoobeians too, from what i recall.
can't wait.
love the reviews and memories here, ty. let's just pray the editing is nice and smooth and we get some real time with the boyz in heavy action, not too jump cutty...i remember being concerned about that. but mostly, i am thrilled they did a small theatre show that was filmed with such care. i cannot WAIT i am so excited. really excited.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 3, 2007 04:45

Just glad to be in the house. I didn't know you at the time LQ or
3DTFoe, not by sight anyway. What a week. I was on leave from
work at the time, thank goodness.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 3, 2007 09:00

CindyC Wrote:
> - Show ends & go the the bar with Pauly, Siobhan,
> Beast, Little Queenie. Band members like Bernard
> & Blondie there as well as some Stones family.

and billy gibbons from zz top!

that WAS fun...

Posted by: jimpietryga ()
Date: November 3, 2007 15:21

Quite a Moment......

Date: November 3, 2007 15:23

and 1 more......

Date: November 3, 2007 15:25

and for the Charlie folks......

Date: November 3, 2007 15:27

last one for now...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 3, 2007 23:28

CindyC Wrote:
> Memories.
>
> - Hanging out in my friend's apt while IORRing
> worried that the show might not happen.
> - Meeting up (late of course) with Paulywaul,
> Beast & Siobhan before the show. - Enjoying
> everyone laughing at Paul carrying around the huge
> inflated palm trees.
> - Waiting out front talking and laughing with the
> NYC cops.
> - Meeting the cute probie fireman from "Rescue
> Me", what a cutie, and very nice too.
> - Looking around for familar IORR faces and not
> seeing many. Glanced Drake & BV from a
> distance.
> - CELEBRITIES everywhere: Christy Turlington
> dancing next to hubby Ed Burns, Princess Lee
> Radziwell. Can't remember too many right now,
> brain freeze.
> - Getting to meet Patti Hansen & telling her how
> happy I am that she and Keith are together since
> she was always my favorite model & he was always
> my favorite rockstar. Then she let me take her
> photo, and the kind of nervous pause she did right
> before I took the photo (like how do I pose
> naturally) was very endearing.
> -The band comes on and it feels like a party
> rather than a concert.
> - Awestruck to see Mick & Keith share a microphone
> and realizing the greatness of the moment WHILE IT
> WAS HAPPENING, then trying to tell the bouncers
> why it was so exciting & wonderful.
> - Getting to sneak down to the floor level and was
> lucky enough to touch Mick when he walked by at
> the beginning of SFTD.
> - Looking up at Patti & Alexandra when Keith was
> talking and see Alexandra with her hands up to her
> heart and just beaming at her dad, it was very
> sweet to see that he still touches even those
> closest to him.
> - Show ends & go the the bar with Pauly, Siobhan,
> Beast, Little Queenie. Band members like Bernard
> & Blondie there as well as some Stones family.
>
> Great exciting night, then had to drive back to
> Boston and work the next day.

Cindy, a few to remind you of that pleasant night .........

Boy was that Halloween 2006 in NYC something else, I had a b b b b b b b b blast !!

Hi to Lil' Queenie, Kahoosier, Cindy C, Cindy Cisco, Jills, InopenG (met you in Islington in 2007) and all other N Americans we met and shared fun & frolics with over there in the big ole apple !! May we "do it again" sometime !!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 3, 2007 23:36

thanks for the great shots paulywaly - I tried so hard to get there, but it just wasn't in the stars!!

At least I made Radio City. Roll on MSG....

Sparkly Top

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 4, 2007 00:01

sarahunwin Wrote:
> thanks for the great shots paulywaly - I tried so
> hard to get there, but it just wasn't in the
> stars!!
>
> At least I made Radio City. Roll on MSG....
>
> Sparkly Top

Yes indeed, roll on whatever it is they wish to give us in 2008. If I can, I'll be there. I ain't made any plans, at least not work plans that is, for beyond 12th December this year when I get home, by which time maybe they'll have indicated what/where/when in '08. Then again, they probably won't have. Still, hope to catch an Asian show (or several), and then if the rumours are true ... it'll be USA later in the year. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ... !!!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 4, 2007 01:32

man I cant WAIT to see Shine a light. I wonder what kind of theatres it will be at. like main streem places or more independent film type theateres.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 4, 2007 01:56

Mick Jagger has a few memoriass of that show ass well

courtesy of "nursery" at flick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-04 01:58 by Erik_Snow.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1229
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home