Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlie visiting a horse show in Austria
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 30, 2007 11:08

Charlie visiting a horse show in Austria (and most of the people don´t know him)

The report says that he likes it because of that...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-30 20:13 by bv.

Re: Charlie visiting a horse show in Austria (and most of the people don´t know him)
Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: October 30, 2007 12:03

he does this almost every year. you can read it always in the papers, always the same story, each year...

Re: Charlie visiting a horse show in Austria (and most of the people don´t know him)
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 30, 2007 13:56

Where in Austria is the show Charlie attends?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2007 14:00

Usually he goes every year to Poland - with his wife - to buy horses. And they cost 100,000 Euro and up to 10 times that as far as I know.

Bjornulf

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: October 30, 2007 14:06

What type of hoses Is Charlie buying ? Racehorses ?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 30, 2007 14:19

the Wattses' stables: [www.halsdonarabians.com]

Posted by: silkcut1978 ()
Date: October 30, 2007 14:41

I once "nearly" met him in Wels (Upper Austria) - we (a budddy and me) arrived too late...must have been 1994 I think - he came over from the US while the Stones had a break when touring.

Re: Charlie visiting a horse show in Austria
Posted by: kait ()
Date: October 31, 2007 00:59

-smiling smiley))))
that's my daughter at the very beginning of the clip,
she met him this year!!! i decided to put this video
up on youtube.
btw, i met him there back in 2000, had a short conversation
and got his autograph.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: October 31, 2007 01:11

wow thank you for that link to halsdonarabians. how very magnificent the whole venture; charlie being 'merely supportive'...at a hundred grand a pop for a stallion, i'd say that's very supportive...
i especially am fond of Arabians, and have known one or two up close.
i knew nothing of this entire horse-thing other than shirley owned some horses and was fond of them; what a revelation.

charlie looks, and is, always such a gentleman; he looks a bit more relaxed outside of a 'rock' crowd...and it's charming to see how excited people were to know a damn certified 100% Rolling Stone was in the house. i mean the impact of that will never die for generations, eons into the future. Yet they still walk among us.

too much...love it...ty...sometimes it's good to acknowledge these things for dullards like meself who hadn't a clue, even if it is an annual outing for shirley and their substantial herd there...
ya know that charlie...sometimes he's sexy;
yeah he move like a stud;
he kick in the stall all night...
like wild horses...
he's the real deal that charlie watts...i'm fascinated to know more about shirely too...great link, ty much with sssoul.

wonder if charles rides...wonder if insurance policy lets him.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: October 31, 2007 05:43

boston2006 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What type of hoses Is Charlie buying ? Racehorses
> ?

No.

WILD HORSES!

A-thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 31, 2007 10:24

Jumpin'JackFrash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> boston2006 Wrote:

> > What type of hoses Is Charlie buying ?
> Racehorses
> > ?

> No.
>
> WILD HORSES!
>
> A-thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

And its not hoses either :O/

Re: Stones & horses
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 31, 2007 14:03

Kait, i remember you posting that video clip with your daughter earlier in the year - when was that, exactly?
and Beely, glad that link grooves you. i live sort of near one of the stables that the Wattses frequent,
which is a source of huge local pride. i hope folks know that Ronnie owns a stable too -
he was even named Small Breeder of the Year not too long ago. which makes it a bit odd
that Ronnie's the only one of the current Stones i've never seen a photo of on horseback.
i think they should do a tour announcement on horseback - don't they look fine?!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-31 17:34 by with sssoul.

Re: Stones & horses
Posted by: kait ()
Date: October 31, 2007 17:09

the horse show in austria, one of the biggest in europe btw, was/is in may every year. the location is the "messegelände" in wels/upper austria.
will i see you there next year???

have a look at www.pferd-wels.at

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-31 17:11 by kait.

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: October 31, 2007 17:21

My only experience with horses has been to have been kicked once, but.... Thanks for those pictures with sssoul; that '81 of Keith has made my day. Might be the sexiest shot ever....

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: November 1, 2007 01:57

While it's not a horse, you can see Ronnie on a camel on the cover of 1234...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home