Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Kenneth Anger DVD w/ Mick's soundtrack
Posted by: john r ()
Date: October 6, 2007 21:41

For those interested, I just got "Volume 2" of Kenneth Anger's Complete Works in the mail, courtesy Amazon (US) This dvd set covers 1964 - 2002, & therefore the fast-moving "Invocation Of My Demon Brother" (1970) complete with Mick Jagger's creepy synth soundtrack (should have opened, or maybe closed 'Very Best Of MJ'), all remastered/restored/high-def etc. Also of note (maybe in the wives thread?): "Lucifer Rising" (1980) starring Marianne Faithfull and Donald 'Performance' Cammell, surprisingly restores the credit "A Presentation Of Anita Pallenberg" missing from the videos, recalled from having seen it in a theatre circa '80 but it's been sooo long I was starting to think I'd hallucinated the whole thing during an especially feverish Stones dream.
Highly recommended to those into Stones influences/esoterica, and of course fans of great indie filmmakers. Essays by Martin Scorsese, (and, from his cell) Bobby Beausoleil, & several others.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-07 02:40 by john r.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home