Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick interview bbc radio 2 right now!
Posted by: gerrox ()
Date: September 26, 2007 22:34

as above.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: Mick interview bbc radio 2 right now!
Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: September 26, 2007 22:53

Saying Ry Cooder learned him and Keith the open tuning

Date: September 26, 2007 23:00

yeh that was interestin. watchin Ry was the first time Mick ever bothered noticing what guitar players do! tunings etc. maybe slight exageration there. asked if Cooder was close to joining the Stones "I dont think that's at all true".

good interview though -memories of Peter Tosh and not remembering many names he's worked with backin singers etc. Found the masters to session with Lennon at May Pang's.

refering to dancin in the street where himself and bowie tried to 'out gurn' each other was funny. anyways. more to come. still hasnt convinced my to buy the cd/dvd tho. have the good one's already.

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: September 26, 2007 23:24

Folks in Keith's Conneticut neighborhood have seen him jogging?!? This per the radio hosts, not Mick.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 26, 2007 23:24

For anyone not listening, Mick admits to having always been the show-off needed to be a front man. Says he eats an incredible amount to stay at 10 stone (a mere 140 pounds - yikes) but never eats anything before going on stage. He eats hours before instead. No shepherd's pie, though. Apparently, it's Ronnie who always nicks the last portion :-)

Also he claimed to have forgotten about doing Don't Look Back with Peter Tosh. And also apologized to the backing singers for not being able to find them. So what's the betting they'll soon be out looking for HIM?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-26 23:32 by Beast.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 26, 2007 23:31

........Mick sounded awful chipper.........even if some of the questions seemed a little silly......he must really want to sell some CD's.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 26, 2007 23:51

He plans to sit down this autumn and do some song-writing and then some demos....

Posted by: steviewags ()
Date: September 26, 2007 23:52

TRANSCRIPT?

Date: September 26, 2007 23:59

asked if he'd like to be sitting down on stage like charlie he said he'd just be all over the place. funny to picture mick chained to the kit.

very nice to hear he plans to spend autumn on his ideas and lyrics! and how many tours? doesnt know, hopes it lasts a long time.

His tracks played amongst the rest of the quite dull current dross on the show sounded great.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: September 27, 2007 10:52

I'ts really odd that whenever I hear one of the Stones being interviewed I think that I know them and have been their friend for years, how sad is that?

Date: September 27, 2007 12:14

pgarof Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'ts really odd that whenever I hear one of the
> Stones being interviewed I think that I know them
> and have been their friend for years, how sad is
> that?

Very true. That's a major part of their appeal imo, that they feel like buddies. They are masters of the interview in that they come accross as ordinary, down to earth, chit chat, jokes, stupid stories, credit where it's due etc. also pretty elusive and mysterious.. and each does so in his own way, like any one else i guess! Mick especially must have done many 1000s of them by now. He was certainly pretty amiable in this one.
One of my favs with the 4 together was put up in 3 parts on RS.com, 2005 I think, US radio - fascinating.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home