Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger EPK screenshots and script-sniples
Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: September 25, 2007 15:22

Just did little screenshots from the Mick Jagger EPK and put them on the Highwire homepage. Enjoy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-25 15:38 by HighwireC.

Re: Mick Jagger EPK screenshots and script-sniples
Date: September 25, 2007 15:38

Mick Jagger [about Charmed Life]

[LAUGHTER], it was just done in my house, and I dunno, I just play guitar and it’s just a drum machine and I’m in my oldest daughter Karis was, I made her sing some backgrounds which she haven’t survived [INAUDIBLE] but, but, but erm you know, it was a sort of, um… latin dance beat which I’ve always liked very much. So, which is still going, I mean this actual original beat of that is still a current beat that you hear on the dance floors.

No I never thought it would be released [LAUGHTER] I completely forgotten about it actually. But um, Charlie, Charlie Watts’ wife always liked it. Tony [INAUDIBLE] reminds me, writing to me about it, so we sort of resurrected it and then gave it to be remixed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-25 15:40 by HighwireC.

Date: September 25, 2007 15:41

Mick Jagger
“Too Many Cooks” is that it er, it was recorded in Los Angeles and we, what, I used, I mean I still spend a lot of time in Los Angeles and [INAUDIBLE] but this is the time when John Lennon was living, I guess or spending a lot of time in Los Angeles and I spent quite a lot time with John at this point. 1973 this is, put you in the year picture. And we used to do this thing, on Sundays, we used to go to the, I don’t know to this place called the Record Planters Studio in LA. And they used to give us or apparently or whatever the time on Sunday because nobody used to work in LA on Sunday. So, they gave us the kind of the afternoon and evening and we would go and a group of musicians would go. There was Jim Keltner, who’s like a famous session… drummer, great friend of Charlie’s. Al Cooper who played on “You Can’t Always Get What you Want” and other things. Um Jack Bruce from Cream.. um, Danny Quartz my guitarist session guitarist, quite famous. Um, John Lennon, me, er Bobby Keys, who plays with us on stage. Um, Trevor Lawrence who also played, used to play with us on stage, Saxophone player um, I can’t remember any others. Um, but that’s quite a lot. Um, so we used to go down and do this, these er, these sessions and one of the tracks that we recorded at these sessions was this “Too Many Cooks” tune. Which was done in...? I’m, I’m sure it was done in one take. You know cos then you just move on to the next thing and um… and so, that’s been kicking around on me and I’ve seen it on… that’s on U Tube and I’m sure you can get a bootleg of it and everything but. So, we decided to put that out on this one.

it was done by a band that was on a label owned by Holland-Dozier-Holland, of Motown fame. And it was a sort of minor hit for them, someone had heard it. I don’t know if John had, if it was John’s idea or, or someone else’s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-25 15:42 by HighwireC.

Date: September 25, 2007 15:57

Mick Jagger
So there I am with Rick Rubin, working me to the bone, and no so I get erm, so when I’m in LA at that time, Monday nights there’s this band plays in this little club, I can’t remember what.. and Monday nights were dead, you know, and they’re called the Red Devils and it’s a really good blues band, I forget who told me about them, and so I go along, there’s this tiny club, and then er this is, there’s, they go up and then sometimes this bloke gets up there with this big hat and sunglasses on and plays the harmonica quite well, there’s a fantastic harmonica player in the Red Devils, I can’t remember any of their names I’m sorry, but, but erm there’s this bloke in the corner sort of you know, playing, he guests occasionally, I said “who’s that playing the guesting and..” like and I went and talked to him at the bar and it turned out to be Bruce Willis guesting on the harmonica who was at the show like 3 days ago, so erm, so I, I’d no idea that Bruce Willis was a blues harmonica player, so you just never know, and erm these people have other lives. So I used to.. and then I used to guest and go up and sing, you know, like 2 or 3 numbers and then, so when I’m sort of near the end of this Rick Rubin adventure, you know with him like whip lashing me in doing this [02:03:08:08 ROAD] he says “well why don’t we do an album with the Red Devils.

so we did, and some of these well known blues tracks and some lesser known blues tracks and we just did them you know, the old way, the old blues way where the guy goes “take 3 Checking On My Baby”, I can hear the slates, it’s like.. so we’re just doing, it’s like a Chicago blues session really, and then like I say and they knew all the material really backwards and that’s all they played, you know, as far as I could see that’s their music and they had it all sort of.. that was their love and they, that’s what they played, and I just was the singer, you know, I didn’t play an harmonica, the guy was so good the harmonica player so.. but I wish it was me, it isn’t me on this I’m sorry to say.

<<<
These are the tree "importend" transcripts, so far ...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 25, 2007 22:55

Thanks HighwireC.....did enjoy

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home