Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Major Mention for the Stones on Emmy Awards!
Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: September 17, 2007 09:14

How cool was that?!

Re: Major Mention for the Stones on Emmy Awards!
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 17, 2007 09:22

a clue as to what you're talking about would be charming -
a lot of us live in non-Emmified parts of the world, you know ...

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: September 17, 2007 09:26

I live in an Emmified part of the world, and I could give a damn. Without HBO, and sports, TV would be useless to me,

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: September 17, 2007 09:44

lol you scooped me Largelingerie. You must have posted your thread just minutes before mine. To those still in the dark, The Sopranos won the Emmy Award for best drama series and the series creator David Chase thanked The Stones in his acceptance speech for allowing their music to be used on the show. Some nice recoginition for the band.

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: September 17, 2007 09:58

Sorry, Frank, I was just so excited and it was unexpected to hear him mention the Stones (along with other bands) during his acceptance speech for the BIG award.

And I apologize to with sssoul. I was thinking that the Emmy awards were televised worldwide, like the Oscars. At any rate, it's our prime time (evening) TV awards and the Sopranos had been nominated, I think, 15 times and, surprisingly didn't win as many as they should have. I mean, I LOVE James Spader, but over Tony/James.

At any rate....I didn't want to misquote, so I tried to find an excerpt of David Chase's speech. This is from the Daily Telegraph

"I really wanted to thank a lot of the really talented musicians ... it started with our own Steve (Van Zandt) and he introduced us to some other musicians, like the Rolling Stones, Elvis Costello and Kasey Chambers," Chase said.

"We've ridden on their coat tails," he said.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 17, 2007 10:04

... no need to apologise, but even if the Emmy awards show were broadcast where i live,
it would be on at like 3 AM, and (as noted above) not everyone gives a damn.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 18, 2007 00:30

I saw that and thought it was a very gracious thing to say, ackowledging the music of the Stones, prominently featured on the show regularly.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: September 19, 2007 16:12

Kasey Chambers - good Ozzie country music queen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1602
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home