Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Remix of 'Dance'
Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: September 4, 2007 12:18

I was at the dance stage of a festival on Sunday night and the DJ played a remixed version of 'Dance' (i.e. the track that kicks off Emotional Rescue, duh).

Anyway, it was fantastic and really got the place going. As I remember it, it dropped MJ's vocals entirely and kept looping the horns and the pre-chorus guitar break. It seemed to go on for about 10 minutes and it was pretty cool to see a whole arena full of trendier types shaking their thang to the Stones (though I'm fairly sure that none of them would've known that's who it was!)

So, the question is - what was it? Is it something new or an old remix that the DJ dug out of a crate somewhere? Official or unofficial? I tried to ask him, but he couldn't hear me and googling Dance (remix) is, as you can imagine, no help at all.

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I'd really like to track down a copy.

Re: Remix of 'Dance'
Posted by: JK ()
Date: September 4, 2007 12:39

Maybe it was the b-side of this promo or he mixed the song with something else?
[www.discogs.com]

Re: Remix of 'Dance'
Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: September 4, 2007 12:58

Cheers - that's probably where the samples were sourced from, but I think the bass and drums were different, and it seemed to have a bit more 'oomph' to it than either of the released versions. Unless the instrumental on that promo is remixed as well (?).

I think it sounded like one track rather than two things mixed together, but then I'm no expert (and had just spent three days drinking pear cider, so wasn't in the best position to judge).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2455
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home